Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Winterized last weekend - my first time with this boat. I decided to pull the ballast bags out and store them in my basement for the winter. I recommend this, especially given what I found under the front bag. I'm thinking this might be its first time out of the boat.

Gross_Ballast.jpg
    2006 Launch 24 SSV Gravity Games w/8.1

Winterized and fogged my Comp yesterday, we are getting below 5*C temps up here in southern Ontario!

Pulled up the foot tray and noticed a wee bit of water in the hull. Looked at the rub rail, looks like the silicone has come apart from the rub rail when we supported the hull during the re-build. Luckily the foam is sealed and isn't absorbing any! Try and suck any extra up in the spring.
    Last edited by Supra_Comp; 10-26-2014 at 02:00 PM.
    1985 Supra Comp TS6M
    351 Windsor - 240 HP
    Velvet Drive - 1:1
    Fully Rebuilt

Quote Originally Posted by Moor View Post
    Sounds like a deal that you just couldn't pass up. At least the sunsport will go to a good home, But i will say i'll miss reading write-ups about modding the sunsport. I dig the moomba. Thats a nice looking boat, I'm sure she will serve you and your family well for many years to come. Enjoy!
    Yeah, we love the Moomba and I don't regret the upgrade at all. We're taking it out today Weather *might* hit 61 today. While we're out there, it should be upper 50's and low 50's by the time we lose sunlight. Water temp should be about 55 or 56 degrees...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Water temp was 48 degrees. Weather was sunny Friday and Saturday morning. Decided to drop the labrisa back in the water. No skiing but enjoyed the boat rides enough to make rewinterizing worth it. This morning I pulled it back out winterized it and shrink wrapped it. My season is now over. Water level is so low my boat ramp on my island was not long enough. getting it back out was a pita. Thank god for the winch on the jeep.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Mrs Inair and I were out yesterday. It will have been the last time out this year. But wow! Oct 27 and temps at Westpoint lake int the high 80s. Water was quite cool but really great time.

http://vid1202.photobucket.com/album...7/IMG_0613.mp4
    Last edited by inair; 10-28-2014 at 11:05 AM.
    1991 SunSport

Quote Originally Posted by meteorman View Post
    Winterized last weekend - my first time with this boat. I decided to pull the ballast bags out and store them in my basement for the winter. I recommend this, especially given what I found under the front bag. I'm thinking this might be its first time out of the boat.

Gross_Ballast.jpg
    Mine looked the same way, pressure washed it, good as new!

bowz
    03 SSV 1180FWD, 750'S AFT, ACME1433, GETTO GATES FOR BOTH SIDES
    05 CUMMINS EXTRA AIR AND EVEN MORE FUEL (MAIN TOW RIG)
    08 FJ TRAIL TEAMS ED (10 MIN OR LESS TO THE RIVER TOW RIG)
    01 JETTA TDI

Winterized last night. Was hoping for one more surf night (water temps are still 54F) but have already moved on to fall activities.....
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Haven't got out this month but had a pretty good shot at a crew this weekend... But scheduled downpour all day Saturday and 20 MPH winds Sunday. I drained the block and manifolds a few weeks ago as we had a few nights skirting around freezing. Will probably run it to temp Sunday, clean it up, and do the winterization. Only 6 months or so until we start getting some nice warm days...

Default Who is done for the season??

Finished the winterization process today. Air 50' / Water 55'. Partial rain.
    Calling for snow in the smoky mountains on Sat.

Hope to get some nicer weather on Sun and Mon.
    I just need to get my carpets dried out, conditioner on the vinyl, and the last wax of the season.

I can start to think about spring once I complete a few snowboarding trips out west.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Default Re: Who is done for the season??

Will not winterize as long as my seat covers are still looking like this. ..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 24SSV Gravity Games Edition
    Lake Lewisville/ Lake Leon