Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

All done. The lake closed on november 1st and we got 3 inches of snow last night. I'll finish winterizing this weekend.......until powell next spring!
    Function before fashion!

Didn't get to freezing last night but winterized Sunday anyway. Still getting nice warm still days occasionally but always during the week and weekends are cold/rain/windy. I throw in the towel and hope next year is warmer.

not yet . . still a few more days. . .

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC

Apex, NC

Yep, very jealous of you John Young. Looks like you have a beautiful place there! Maybe one day I can look out the front door and see my boat in the water.

bowz
    03 SSV 1180FWD, 750'S AFT, ACME1433, GETTO GATES FOR BOTH SIDES
    05 CUMMINS EXTRA AIR AND EVEN MORE FUEL (MAIN TOW RIG)
    08 FJ TRAIL TEAMS ED (10 MIN OR LESS TO THE RIVER TOW RIG)
    01 JETTA TDI

Thanks BOWZ, it was a rental that we had for a week. I was so excited to get there - images of smokey glass water to carve up on my ski in an early 6 am sesh - wake up the kids and take them for a boat ride - etc etc etc got there and at the ramp the depth was 27", made my way out to the middle of the cove where it was supposed to be 15' and it was 3 1/2 - 4 feet. pucker factor was extreme and then inevitably, hit a stump. Got out and walked the path back to the dock - stumps everywhere! everty time we went boating i had to walk the boat out until i got to a clearing. did get some decent pictures, but no good boating to speak of. THis is probably the last weekend before winterizing. Hello winter projects!

Apex, NC

Went out for the last run in the boat on Saturday. Made it a week longer than last year. air temp 60, water temp 53.

Clouds were really cool

Came home, unloaded most the gear from the boat. Don't think we'll get another day like Saturday. Winterized tonight (Sunday), Tuesday night it dips below freezing.

I'd say that winterizing the vdrive was just as easy if not easier than winterizing the direct drive. that made me happy.

Have a metal carport being built soon, was hoping the boat will be put away under it SOON!!! The boat's cover is awesome, but a carport will be 10x nicer.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.