Default Need de-winterization help on '05 21V

Trying to de-winterize my '05 21V and CANNOT for life of me thread in the drain plugs on the block. It is an Indmar Assualt 325. Did exactly like the book said to winterize. When I pulled the plugs out of the little plastic baggy by the steering wheel, they won't go back in! I have been at it for about 4 hours now. PLEASE HELP ME!

You may need run a tap through the threads on the block. Rust may be blocking the thread channels and preventing the plug from grabbing. I had this happen once before after removing the plugs over the winter.

This is exactly what I have had to do. I think it is a 1/8" NPT Tap that you need. Just clean out the rust, don't cut deeper than the original threads.

Thanks for the advice. Both drain plugs are now in. Next winter I plan to drain the block and then re-install the plugs so no rust can build up.

Great advice about cleaning the threads with a tap. To help ease the situation, when re-installing the block plugs, use a teflon sealant to help protect the threads when they are removed again. Brian Raymond

Anti-seaze works well, too.