Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by tg0824SSVGG View Post
    I ended up ordering 20 of them -- cheapest shipping was $6.32 here to where I live (it was the same shipping price, actually 1 penny more for only 10 of them, so I decided to get some spares)

Thanks all for helping me - it was the "side buckle" in the search that led me to these.
    No problem! yeah, figuring out the lingo is half the challenge! It took me a few iterations before I got the verbiage right.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Speaking of strap clips, I'm wanting to replace the cover for my 89 Conbrio. Any suggestions where to pick up a good cover? Wanting something heavy like the Sunbrella material with the hem using rope instead of bungee that pulls at the back. Tried one recently that was supposed to be 'custom fit' which turned out short and wide. I could get it custom made locally, but they use only vinyl like padded car roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow boat View Post
    Speaking of strap clips, I'm wanting to replace the cover for my 89 Conbrio. Any suggestions where to pick up a good cover? Wanting something heavy like the Sunbrella material with the hem using rope instead of bungee that pulls at the back. Tried one recently that was supposed to be 'custom fit' which turned out short and wide. I could get it custom made locally, but they use only vinyl like padded car roofs.
    Forget the rope. I had that on my Supra Sunsport cover and it was 'ok', but nothing compared to the webbing on my Moomba cover now. None of the new covers are using rope anymore, they've all moved to webbing.

I have the factory cover for my Moomba XLV and it uses nylong webbing with a ratchet strap at the back and it has the same "side buckle" clips for disconnecting the webbing around the tower legs. It also has a couple loops of nylon webbing that pull the rear of the cover down to the rear transom tie down loops. It's got two built in vents and two telescoping poles so no water pooling.

It's a cover that you can leave on when towing and it's sat out in some of our PNW downpours recently and the boat carpet is totally dry inside. It was awesome the other day to get the boat all packed up, tow it to work with the cover on (no condensation on the vinyl) and take off the cover at the launch. Then get in our last weekday night on the water, and cover the boat at the launch (under the lights of the boat launch instead of on the dark side of my house) and drive it home covered and be able to park it and leave it. I don't think it's sunbrella either. the fabric feels more like a coated nylong--kinda like the same feel of a goretex ski jacket??

I'll see if I can find out who makes the OEM covers for Moomba.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.