Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Wow! Looking good. Definitely gotta be easier with the forklifts. I'm in the middle of stringer resto on my conbrio. Keep the pics coming!
    1991 supra conbrio

Quote Originally Posted by mlaosa View Post
    Wow! Looking good. Definitely gotta be easier with the forklifts. I'm in the middle of stringer resto on my conbrio. Keep the pics coming!
    mlaoso, thank you! The forklifts sure did make the job easy, glad to have them at my disposal.

Well I have been pretty busy the past few weeks, I pecked away at some stuff but it wasn't until this weekend that I made some serious progress. I took Friday off and spent a solid 3 days working on the boat. I was able to remove the remainder of the floor, the engine, all blower vent tubing, almost everything attached to the transom and most importantly the stringers. The transom will be rebuilt with one sheet of plywood instead of various pieces.

Pics to follow!

What a MESS this project is, but I'm having fun. I just keep thinking of how nice the boat will be when she's all done. After talking to some friends, I am considering re-foaming the boat. I have not made a final decision, but its on the table at this time.

Enjoy the pics

IMG_1076.jpgIMG_1085.jpgIMG_1101.jpgIMG_1104.jpgIMG_1105.jpg

Couple More

IMG_1110.jpg

Somehow I managed to forget to measure the height of the stringers where the motor sits. I may have it written down somewhere, but I cannot find it. Can someone confirm this for me? Height from the bottom of the hull, or measure down from the top of the stringer to the top of the 4x4 area. Thanks!

IMG_1083.jpg

Great progress! I'll take a look at mine and get you the measurements. I don't know if my measurements are the same as yours being that your hull is quite a bit deeper than mine. But I'll measure them and get them to you
    1991 supra conbrio

Default 1988 Supra Mariah Floor Restoration

I would suggest taking off and cleaning them up real good. It will make putting the engine back in a heck of a lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    86 Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by jasun View Post
    I would suggest taking off and cleaning them up real good. It will make putting the engine back in a heck of a lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jasun, take off what? I think you missed a word or two

Thanks for the kind words everyone

The engine mounts.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    The engine mounts.

Ah, yes. I have already begun to clean them up. They're a bit cruddy.

So after talking and drinking with my buddies, I think I may just end up painting her. With the two decks already split in half, I'd be a fool not to paint it especially since I was considering doing it in the future. I'm considering a pearl white/silver/black/metal flake purple color scheme. Or some combo of those colors.

Thanks Jetlink. Damn talk to text while driving and proof reading failed me....
    86 Saltare