Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Good job bro! I am in the process of cutting my side panels out of the faux carbon fiber and place them behind the coaming wall speakers to take the place of the previously upholstered panels. I'm thinking that it will help tie in the new helm and engine box hatch. Hopefully it won't be too much carbon fiber. I like that you embossed those speaker landings. I have a 150 qt igloo cooler that fits exactly in that space so I can't do that. I use that cooler to store ballast bags, pumps, etc. I also use it for ballast. Its the first one I fill up before going to the fly high ballast bags.

Quote Originally Posted by flipz96 View Post
    Good job bro! I am in the process of cutting my side panels out of the faux carbon fiber and place them behind the coaming wall speakers to take the place of the previously upholstered panels. I'm thinking that it will help tie in the new helm and engine box hatch. Hopefully it won't be too much carbon fiber. I like that you embossed those speaker landings. I have a 150 qt igloo cooler that fits exactly in that space so I can't do that. I use that cooler to store ballast bags, pumps, etc. I also use it for ballast. Its the first one I fill up before going to the fly high ballast bags.
    Thanks man. I had to emboss the speaker landings in order to clear the bracing for the tower, and I think it turned out pretty cool. I will admit I am not 100% thrilled with them, I feel like I could have done a better job. Nobody will be able to tell the difference anyway, its all in my head. I like that they are unique, over the weekend I received endless compliments on the boat and people loved the speaker panels. I have yet to venture into ballast bags and extra weighting, I'm sure Ill dabble with that next year. I really want to learn how to barefoot ski this year, it has been a life long goal of mine. I've always wanted to say that I could barefoot.

Your faux carbon is going to look sweet for sure. What are you doing to your motor cover? I need to modify my cover and install some cup holders for the rear passengers.

If anyone else is reading this, I am interested in picking up the factory bimini top for my boat. Anyone have one laying around they'd like to get rid of? Know of one? I have yet to paint my tower and install it so I would like to use a bimini top for the time being. I am not looking to spend a bunch of money as I likely wont be able to use it after my tower goes up.

My dad picked up these old school trick skis years and years ago at a boat show, they were a dealer's demo trick skis. I have always wanted to try them, so I busted them out this weekend. Needless to say I am incredibly sore. These skis are super hard to ride! Had a lot of fun though. Anyone ever see these before? I have never seen and cant find them anywhere, not even online.

My brother ripping the slalom ski for the first time in probably 8 years

And finally the shot I've been waiting to post since I first started this project, the money shot:

I can picture myself catching an edge with those skis. Good to see you out enjoying it!

Love the money shot. I remember our first outing after the rebuild where I took a picture of her on the water. I used to picture that in my head when I was getting tired and frustrated with the rebuild.

Haha, yea I would try and picture this photo as well when I got burned out. I have actually been using it since before the 4th of July, just kept forgetting to take a photo of her in the water. Can't wait for the weekend to do it all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    Love the money shot. I remember our first outing after the rebuild where I took a picture of her on the water. I used to picture that in my head when I was getting tired and frustrated with the rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by lmnelson86 View Post
    . What are you doing to your motor cover? I need to modify my cover and install some cup holders for the rear passengers.
    My plan is to add cup holders to it eventually and new upholstery to the whole boat. This will more than likely happen at the end of the season. The only thing I did so far was make a new hatch door with the faux carbon fiber to update the look a little. I wasn't a fan of the louvered hatch. It reminded me of an old wooden a/c handler closet vent. I also had quite a bit of cracking on the aft lower part of the box which I just covered up with carpet to make it presentable.

A few glamour shots from the weekend

Nice! I bet it feels good being out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    Nice! I bet it feels good being out there.
    it is a great feeling for sure. I have been having a blast with it. I've had it out every weekend since mid-june. Love it!