Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Possible to install SurfSwell on 21v or other older Supra

Anyone look at installing SurfSwell on 21v or other older Supra?
    You would need the 2014 Platform
    SurfSwell kit
    Lenco Helm controls
    My Guess is it would cost 3 to 4K

Would it be worth it?

Sure would be fun to try!

I think you could get the cost down to around 800 if it wasn't automated. just need some big tabs and some fabricating
    Function before fashion!

I have been kicking this idea around I am looking at using lenco tabs and actuators they problem I see is the standard actuator only has a 2-1/4" stroke but they make one with 4-1/2 stroke but I can not find it on the internet with a tab kit ( I was looing at a kit with 9" wide and 12" long tab). With the 2-1/4" stroke using auto cad and depending on angle on the back of the boat where they are mounted I only can get about a 22 degree angle off the bottom of the boat with the 4-1/2 I can get about a 60 degree angle down. (supra is pushing there's down around 80 to 90 degrees I think).
    In the next week or two I am going to mock this up out of wood and cardboard to see what kind of angles I can get with a 21v. I am afraid the plateform is going to be in the way with the longer stroke actuators. I want to make sure they can get up out of the way for wakeboarding.

Lenco also has a switch and controller that has led indicator where each tab is and a second power lead that when it lose power it will automatic raise the tabs all the way up.

what about having the actuator going to a cam, thereby extending the throw?
    Function before fashion!

Wolff, I have been working on the same thing as you mentioned. I too am looking at the Lenco led switch route. The actuator that you mentioned with the longer stroke is the #15059-001 and #15060-001. What have you came up with for tab size/design? I am planning on making my own tab like the MasterCraft Gen2 tab. Check them out and let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Launch242Worlds; 12-26-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Might try copying the Moomba Auto Flow design.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

I bought the edge mound 12"x 9" I only went 9" wide due to mounting the actuator with where the platform is mounted.
    I am planning on getting my boat move from storage to my shop either tonight or tomorrow. only thing I am missing right now for the system is the controller. (it is on back order)
    I went with the 4-1/4" stroke actuator and it takes a special controller same price as the other one but programmed different.

I wanted something to use as a base and I got the abilities to modify or make different shaped tabs but I was going to try the standard one out first.

I have check out the mastercraft tabs. I surfed a x10 and like the wake than look at the tab here is a pic and that is how I also based my size of tab

here is a pic of the tab on a x10 (21' mastercraft) and that was what I was thinking for my 21v

IMG_1543.jpg

any developments?
    Function before fashion!

I have been working on my tabs I got the boat in the shop my haul has a 1/2" step on the back where the tab will mount. so half the tab will have a aluminum spacer a friend is drilling and taping the spacer so it will mount on the boat and the tab will mount to them.
    one of my problems is I can not mount the actuator high enough due to the swim plateform. So I am going to make some custom plates to go on the bottom with some type of fine on the bottom to direct the water.
    we plan on going to the STL Boat show the 1st week of march and measure the different setup other boats have.

A guy on the Moomba site is testing a tab set up right now he is having a problem with the surf side tab affect the wake when it is all they way up.

we got 8" of snow in IL today and I will not be do any water testing till april or may.

I'm probably going to make my own setup in the spring. I too have a problem with clearance between the swim deck and bottom of boat so mounting it like the moomba design probably won't work. I'm looking at maybe using one of my swim platform brackets as a mounting point for the top of the actuator there by achieving an angle similar to the swell system.
    Not sure if you have seen this but these guys have a pretty cool setup. http://www.gosurfassist.com/home-page.html
    Function before fashion!