Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tmino03 View Post
    Here. I made these this spring. Attachment 15705Attachment 15705
    I would love to see some multiple angle pics of this...

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    This is what i was looking at before i spent all my money fixing a cracked head
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/LENCO-MARINE...dcfd09&vxp=mtr
    Cracked head blows! I am working out some issues with my boats starting at the moment (but you might allready know this) but a little easier than a cracked head. I like those actuators above, I wonder what the stroke/throw of the actuator is? I will have to take some measurements when I get home too see how much space I have to mount these, I know not a lot, but mounting them similarly to how tmino03 is an option. I have wanted to improve on the "wake gate" I made last year, it was crude but worked well. Onward and upward!

Got all the parts and will test tomorrow. Then i'll start tweaking.

Function before fashion!

thank you, I used the lenco 102xd with the 4.25 stroke. I routed the cable into the tubing I used for the support bracket and fed it through the transom, sealed it up with 3m marine adhesive.

Quote Originally Posted by devovino View Post
    Thats a nice wave! Out of curiosity, how were you able to feed the cable from the actuator to the switch, did you route it through the transom? Also, what actuators did you use? I was looking online and saw these: http://www.harleerod.com/insta-trim-...ceted_search=0
    However, it appears that the application is designed to be mounted on the transom, and like most I don't have room to do so? I like your setup, and how you mounted it to the swim step bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by tmino03 View Post
    thank you, I used the lenco 102xd with the 4.25 stroke. I routed the cable into the tubing I used for the support bracket and fed it through the transom, sealed it up with 3m marine adhesive.
    Any chance that we could get some measurements of the tabs?

I'm getting go surf assist on my 99 supra santera this week. I'm sure Ryan will make a demo video on it and post it on the go surf assist facebook. It will have 2 750 lbs bags in the back. Pretty excited
    Last edited by Eled92; 08-31-2015 at 11:58 PM.

Interesting thread...I took a trip to the Supra dealer today to see how the tabs on the new boats work, so I can get up to speed. For those who have installed, are you just using sheet metal screws into the transom, or are you going all the way through with machine bolts and nuts on the inside? Has anyone got around to trying different plate shapes? How about optimum angles?

Quote Originally Posted by CJD View Post
    Interesting thread...I took a trip to the Supra dealer today to see how the tabs on the new boats work, so I can get up to speed. For those who have installed, are you just using sheet metal screws into the transom, or are you going all the way through with machine bolts and nuts on the inside? Has anyone got around to trying different plate shapes? How about optimum angles?
    Mine is attached with large screws and 5200 as per the manufacturer Lenco's instructions. I haven't gotten around to trying different size or shapes yet, i'll probably fab something up in the spring. It just works to well right now to dick around with it. I believe mine go down to 13 or 14 degree's. kinda hard to figure with the curved transom.
    Function before fashion!

So, I guess those are sheet metal screws set in a 1-1/4" deep hole for each. I'm trying to get my head around how much load these tabs will see. Your tabs look very large, with about 14 degrees...vs the new Moombas I looked at are very small with almost 90 degrees. With 14 degree deflection I would not think the shape of the tab would have much affect. But, with 90 degrees the tab shape would seem very important.

This definitely sounds like a winter project. The other thing I am having trouble wrapping my head around is the $4k kit cost. I am not seeing anything in the kit that warrants that kind of cost. Possibly the dedicated controller??

Quote Originally Posted by CJD View Post
    So, I guess those are sheet metal screws set in a 1-1/4" deep hole for each. I'm trying to get my head around how much load these tabs will see. Your tabs look very large, with about 14 degrees...vs the new Moombas I looked at are very small with almost 90 degrees. With 14 degree deflection I would not think the shape of the tab would have much affect. But, with 90 degrees the tab shape would seem very important.

This definitely sounds like a winter project. The other thing I am having trouble wrapping my head around is the $4k kit cost. I am not seeing anything in the kit that warrants that kind of cost. Possibly the dedicated controller??
    Mine are just standard lenco trim tabs. you can see everything on my wakeshaper thread in the modifications section.
    Function before fashion!