Default Best way to lift boat off the trailer

I am finally put a new brake system and re configuring the trailer for bunks (I currently have a roller system). my plan is to load the boat on the trailer and then lift it so I can configure the bunks while I have the boat elevated. I have a couple of car jacks and jacks stands. Any idea how to safely lift it?
    1987 Supra Sunsport
    351 PCM

Pg 54 of your owners manual shows by means of diagram and instruction the correct way to lift your boat off the trailer.
    If no owners manual go to google --- it's there!

Are you doing it this way so you can see the boat and visualize where and how to place your bunks?
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

I can think of no safe way using a car jack and jack stands. Any boat shop or dealer would likely be able to lift it off the trailer and store it until you finish the trailer work. My father once lifted his using a tree limb. He permanently damaged the boat and came close to killing himself twice. Straps and an overhead crane are the only safe way...Unless you can float it off and store the boat in a slip.

Be safe take your boat and trailer to a marina that has storage facilities they will take your boat off the trailer for you safely and store the boat till you are ready.

I can tell you from experience that jacking the boat and putting it on blocks can be done with jacks, but you want to be very careful. Jacking and supporting the rear corners is pretty straight forward but the bow is a bit more of a pain, but still doable. The only way I've found that I'm comfortable with to jack the bow is a short 2X6 under the bow and 2 jacks. One goes on either side of the centre line, and are jacked together. That being said, it's got lifting rings, and that's how it should be lifted. Personally if you're going with jacks, I'd use large wood blocks or build something rather than try to use jack stands.

The main problem with this is getting the trailer out from underneath it, because of the cross supports and axle, you have to keep moving the bow support as you pull out the trailer. It's a pretty major hassle compared to taking it to a marina. I only did this because I took delivery of the boat and not the trailer.
    Last edited by chris young; 10-26-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Thank you everyone for your replies, I ended up decidining against lifting the boat with jacks. I am going to wait until next season to try and reconfigure the trailer and bunk system. I plan on taking measurements while the boat is on the trailer, and then put it back on the boat lift while I make the changes.
    1987 Supra Sunsport
    351 PCM