Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance Claim

Default Insurance Claim

Happy Halloween to me and my crew. Boat was pretty much put away for the year. Just had a few odds and ends left to complete for winter. Received a terrible text message informing us that a giant tree branch had fallen onto our boat. We decided to leave the tower on this year and just remove the speakers for winter. Thank god we did otherwise this tree would have destroyed our windshield and a bunch more of the interior. Hopefully state farm will not give me any trouble with the repairs and cost. Back bench interior destroyed, cushions destroyed, custom cover destroyed, tower speaker destroyed and carpet destroyed. Going to say around 3000 for repairs. I need a cover I wont be able to sleep with just shitty tarps covering my precious wood stringers all winter. Just had to share with fellow supra owners.

IMG_20141031_121047414.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow sorry that happened. That has been one of my biggest fears the past two years. Keep us posted

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

That Sucks. Hopefully insurance company doesn't rule it an "Act Of God". That's their typical go to for trying to avoid paying claims. Good luck. Fingers Crossed....Let us know what happens.

Default Insurance Claim

If it makes you feel any better, I asked my State Farm agent about storage insurance, and he told me that mine covered everything all the way down to if A mouse gets in there and chews it up. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    86 Saltare

you'll be fine with state farm. "Sudden/accidental" is what this is and they'll pay without much hassle. If you do the legwork to get estimates for repairs, it will help speed things along. You'll also likely have a low deductible for something like this.

And the boat cover is an integral part of the boat itself, so argue that the cover gets repaired/replaced too as a part of the claim.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Please let us know how the claim and payout goes. Lots of insurance threads out there about pricing and so forth but very few claims to judge what companies are worth our business.

The cover is a grand by itself. I think 3k is under estimating it.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Yeah, and check your floor. I think there may be a hole, and some stringer damage, and then there is the some fiberglass...Hopefully they will get you a "new" boat
    I haven't had any issue with State Farm, course we pay them enough not to with only 1 claim against the truck...
    Hope it goes good for you.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

UPDATE ON CLAIM-Was able to get a quote, from pictures I sent to a company. $5300. The carpet replacement he estimated around 2000? Has anyone replaced carpet or had it done? Cost? Difficulty level? Can I replace the carpet myself? Has anyone removed carpet and put down a sea deck/foam type material? Would use the extra cash for fresh air. Boat is going into a different shop saturday for a quote.

thanks and I will let you guys know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Stal1026 View Post
    UPDATE ON CLAIM-Was able to get a quote, from pictures I sent to a company. $5300. The carpet replacement he estimated around 2000? Has anyone replaced carpet or had it done? Cost? Difficulty level? Can I replace the carpet myself? Has anyone removed carpet and put down a sea deck/foam type material? Would use the extra cash for fresh air. Boat is going into a different shop saturday for a quote.

thanks and I will let you guys know what happens.
    $2000 for carpet!!!!???? I am doing my carpet myself this winter and estimated about $160-$200, for 2k you should be able to redo it in Teak.
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.