Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nc,

If we can help in any manner from the factory, please don't hesitate to let us know. My email is [email protected]

Best of luck in your search,

Rick

Any outcome on this? I am just seeing it and have an SC and used it all last year. Really loving the boat. If there are any questions you have, drop me a line.

Thanks Diggs & Rick!

I was out traveling for work last week (How dare work interfere!). I won't hesitate to reach out, and I am planning on wrapping it up early this week.

ncjacket - Got your message and shot you one back. You should reach out to RickT for a factory tour. I just had some friends go out there for a tour and they toured all the factories and they all agreed the SC factory was the best experience.

ncjacket - Do you have something to share?

NC Jacket - if you're touring the factory I might go with you. I'm in Apex - right around the corner from ya. JY

John Young, Supra Launch 21V
    Apex, NC

Alright All...Here is my final part of this buying chapter!

Conclusions - Part 2

So, after all my evaluations on and off the water, we have decided to purchase the 2014 Supra SC450. There was really two significant performance difference that played a role: first, power to weight; and second boat attitude at surf speeds. In an attempt to address these two issues, I reevaluated the possibility of a 2015 Malibu 22VLX with the 6L 409 engine. I felt the smaller traditional bow and more forward helm compared to the MXZ would improve the visibility over the bow at surf speeds. I felt at a minimum the 6.0L 409 engine would provide me more peace of mind than the 350. I do think in a pretty short timeframe the 350 will phase out across brands, and the 409 will be the base standard. My Malibu dealer put a great offer forward to get me into the 2015 22VLX, but in the end it boiled down to some personal little things that worked better for us. Those details are mentioned below:

As we have a garage at our home for storage, the Supra PRO Edge tower was much simpler and easier to take up and down. The assist design and cam locking means my life, my son, or myself could easily lower and raise the tower without effort or assistance.

Having a power seat with memory settings makes it much easier for us to change drivers, and my wife liked the power height adjustment. It made her feel more confident in driving and maintaining optimal visibility.

Supra had a little more storage flexibility. Several of our lakes have no houses or docks. SO when we head out…we are gone a while! For hikers in the bunch, it is a bit like selecting a backpack: small storage conveniences are really appreciated during repeated usage! For example, the small space behind the subwoofer enclosure is not wasted on the Supra. Lifting up the back of the bow seat allows access to a small (but valuable) space with storage nets. Areas under the bow cushions are accessible as well. Combining these with the permanent rear facing seat storage, and it all adds up!

When we thought about most of our boating guests, it was noted that having the bow walk through extend into the seating area was a nice to have. Supra uses a more “horseshoe” bow bag whereas the Malibu has the MLS hard tank fixed under the bow filler cushion area. That offered us a little more flexibility as to who was likely to ride up front.

I had good feedback from both Malibu and Supra owner communities. Skiers Choice did get a boost in my decision since a company employee both responded to my post and reached out directly to answer some additional questions on construction methods and such. I know Malibu takes good care of boat owners too, but (as a potential buyer) my brief personal interactions with the employee underscored the Supra brand to me.

In general, the we were pleased with the helm forward designs that the more traditional bows offer. I believe that as surfing popularity increases, we will see a resurgence in traditional bow shapes. My observations were that the more helm forward, traditional bows offer improved visibility for the slower speeds and higher riding bow attitudes of wake surfing. I know you can move weight around, but it’s just like a fine sports car…there is no substitute for proper balance, and that starts with geometry.

In closing this chapter, I want to say that both of these boat brands are backed by quality organizations with top notch people. I would NOT hesitate to recommend either of the dealers I worked with to anyone looking for a fine wake sports boat from a quality dealership.

We’ll be ready for spring in our 2014 Supra SC450!!
    ID00137658_26.jpg

Congrats, thats a good looking boat! Didnt realize you were dealing with Southtown, great crew there.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Congrats on your SC!! You will love it!

NC,

That is great to hear!! Tell Danny and the crew hello!