Default Supra Launch Ballast

I was thinking of adding some weight to my 2000 Supra direct drive. I found a 500lb fat sac on craigslist and was wondering if this would be a good start to place int he storage area under the bow. Any thoughts? I am not looking to surf, just improve the wake for wakeboarding.

Thanks

I would suggest getting a bag that will at least fill the compartment. If it's too large that's alright, just fill it as far as you need. Or use smaller bags hooked together though that's a less tidy solution. The larger ones will give you all the flexibility you need to play with weight.

Kevin Allen

For wakeboarding you can really make a money wake by just running two large ballast bags on the floor on either side of the motor (like 750 on each side)... As big as you can get. I might have a few bags (not sure on size, but probably like 400#) laying around that I would be willing to sell cheap, but I am on the other side of the country....

PM sent to you.

Default Supra Launch Ballast

In my 2000 supra launch I usually ran, 550lbs under walk way, factory 400lbs, and I piggey backed the factory tank and had another 350 in the back locker. Then I usually put another 550 directly behind the engine and in front of the back seat.... When I was feeling really brave I would add 2 750s on each side of the engine also. In all honesty that was my favorite wake I have ever rode. Big, rampy, and very predictable....
    2000 Supra Launch- perfect pass, tower, kicker kmt60 tower speakers, 4k lbs of ballast
    1992 Sanger FX-22- project