Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yes, natural concrete.

This is the only pic I have of the kitchen. Also shows the living room. The Mrs. had her heart set on concrete counters. The builder did an awesome job. The wood shelves and beam are reclaimed. Walls, base for the island and pedestal for the stove are ICFs. The dishwasher didn't have its white face plate on yet.

Cool...very utilitarian and rustic blend. I love the farm sink. My wife wants country/farm style and we're trying to get a style and color palette dialed in. Concrete counters is one consideration, but we may go with laminate for now and upgrade later, depending on where everything else falls in the project and final budget amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    Here are a couple pictures of properties we looked at Sunday. Both of these are 5 acres total, in a little different areas out where we are looking. It seems like we can probably find a fairly wooded lot, in that size, for the price we want to pay.

So, turns out the 2nd property and another one north of it have flood zone on the property. I'm not going to deal with that. We went to look at the first property in these pics again, and got a chance to talk to the closest neighbor. It sounds like it is a nice quiet area and it has about 11 houses on an 80 acre area right now. Several people have multiple lots totaling 5-10 acres, so it will probably only end up being about 13-14 houses back in there, on about a 1/2 mile dead end road. The property to the east is about 80 acres owned privately another property like that further east. Seems like the best one we've seen so far and we may end up pulling the trigger. The neighbor said the area is nice and quiet, land seems to perc well, neighbors are all real nice, electric is reasonably priced and there is plenty of wildlife around. The river back behind the area has a big swimming hole that a lot of people use and some four wheeler trails.