Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Broken Blower Help (06 24 SSV).

The blower on my 06 24 SSV just went out. Not exactly sure yet what caused it to go out but I did have a decent amount of water in the engine compartment because the front ballast connection leaked and sent quite a bit of water before the bilge kicked on. Anyone replaced one in this or a similar model?

Also, for the time being, what do you recommend to do when starting and fueling instead of the blower. Just open the engine compartment door for a few minutes?

Thanks for any help.

For the time being just change the blower. I have seen a boat 40' from me blow up. It's no joke. Go get a blower take the two clamps off and wire the positive and negative and it's done.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

As cusefan 78 says! Blowers are a must and need to be in place and operating properly.
    However ,
    Whenever fuelling up before restarting the engine I always lift my engine cover for a minute or so to allow any potential fumes to clear.
    Can never be too safe re fires on a vessel!

Just opening up the hatch doesn't do what a blower is designed to do. Fuel vapors are heavier than air, and as a result will stay in your bilge even when your engine hatch is open which can lead to those fumes still igniting. It helps, yes, but it's not a fail safe method.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

No question here!
    I always open the hatch as mentioned but run blowers as well for a period of time.
    As I said, can never be too safe!

Your better off leaving the hatch closed if your blowers work properly. It allows for a systematic removal of the vapors. Fresh air goes in the vent inlets to the bilge, vapors go out the outlet. When you leave the hatch open the air and vapors mix more readily.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Probably looks like this:

https://www.amazon.com/attwood-Blowe.../dp/B07PX4RGR6

Your vent probably leaves the boat from out of the top of the transom (middle section) OR you will see a side vent on your top boat.
    You should see the black flex hose when you open the engine hatch.

Location - probably under the motor, look by the spark plugs from sitting in the back locker.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 06-04-2019 at 08:51 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Thanks...that helps. I saw the blower but thought it was just a hose support. That also explains why it died. We filled the bilge with water after a ballast hose blew. I think I’ll move it higher up when I replace it.

Thx again!

Quote Originally Posted by CJD View Post
    Thanks...that helps. I saw the blower but thought it was just a hose support. That also explains why it died. We filled the bilge with water after a ballast hose blew. I think I’ll move it higher up when I replace it.

Thx again!
    Use a meter to see if you are getting power back there with the switch on - at the blower. It's probably connected to fuse under the dash, check that.

Probably right, if the blower motor was underwater, it might not have survived.
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 06-04-2019 at 09:00 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Yep, the dunking killed it, as it was frozen solid. I was surprised to find that the boat only has a single motor, instead of 2 mentioned earlier in this thread.

Anyway, thanks again!