Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

I haven't installed my captains chair yet...I want to find one with a flip up bolster, I like being able to sit up high. Any idea where I could find one, aside from buying a new one that's $200+? Id love to find one out of a totaled or part out boat.

Ill look into the chargers, that's a good idea. I plan on keeping my boat at my cottage and we don't have any shore power hook ups, so it would be nice to be able to leave the automatic bilge running and not have to worry about the battery draining during the week

Quote Originally Posted by lmnelson86 View Post
    I haven't installed my captains chair yet...I want to find one with a flip up bolster, I like being able to sit up high. Any idea where I could find one, aside from buying a new one that's $200+? Id love to find one out of a totaled or part out boat.

Ill look into the chargers, that's a good idea. I plan on keeping my boat at my cottage and we don't have any shore power hook ups, so it would be nice to be able to leave the automatic bilge running and not have to worry about the battery draining during the week
    That is a tough one. They flip up bolster seats are pretty expensive...even the used ones I've seen at marine surplus. I'm building a small platform to mount the seat base on to give me a little more height.

I was kind of thinking this is exactly the same thing I will have to do. Oh well.

Default helm seat

I was kind of thinking this is exactly the same thing I will have to do. Oh well.
    Its pretty tight in there because of the throttle location and the engine box cover. Raising the base may make the chair interfere with the reverse. Another idea is to create a removable rigid half moon booster cushion that you can store under the helm when not in use....or get a narrower pedestal chair. Our seats are really low. With the constant stop and go, the seat height is not working in our favor. If I do make a booster cushion, it will probably never get stowed away.

For me...first things first, get it running in the water! Congrats on getting yours out. Post some videos if you get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by flipz96 View Post
    Its pretty tight in there because of the throttle location and the engine box cover. Raising the base may make the chair interfere with the reverse. Another idea is to create a removable rigid half moon booster cushion that you can store under the helm when not in use....or get a narrower pedestal chair. Our seats are really low. With the constant stop and go, the seat height is not working in our favor. If I do make a booster cushion, it will probably never get stowed away.

For me...first things first, get it running in the water! Congrats on getting yours out. Post some videos if you get a chance.
    I threw up a video in the June picture thread in the general section, I hope it works ok. I will definitely be getting some footage over the next few weeks to post. I agree completely with the seat, no room at all so making a bolster may be the best option, which is cool with me. And you're right, it would probably never get put away.

Yea, I couldn't wait to get mine out. I just sat on a 7 gallon bucket (a tall 5 gallon) with a cushion on top. I actually like it a lot more than the oem seat haha.

Yea, I couldn't wait to get mine out. I just sat on a 7 gallon bucket (a tall 5 gallon) with a cushion on top. I actually like it a lot more than the oem seat haha.
    There is nothing wrong with that bro! The important thing is that your boat is running and you are able to enjoy it! Hopefully this weekend for me!

Quote Originally Posted by flipz96 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with that bro! The important thing is that your boat is running and you are able to enjoy it! Hopefully this weekend for me!
    I completely agree. I was just happy to get out and enjoy it. Can't wait to see pics of yours on the water! You run a second battery, right? Do you have it mounted in the same cubby hole as the original battery?

You run a second battery, right? Do you have it mounted in the same cubby hole as the original battery?
    I do have a second battery with a solenoid. The PO had it in the same storage with the starter battery and amps. It was too crowded. I moved the auxilliary battery to the portside walk through storage/under the helm.

Default Helm Panels and Engine Box Storage Door and Trim

I got my panels cut yesterday. Its 1/8" abs faux carbon fiber sheet and I used 1/4" king starboard for backing on the engine box storage door.

I made the storage door with the same dimensions as the factory so that it fit over the previous cutout. I added 1/2" radius corners so I wouldn't get scratched or cut walking around. I'm pretty happy how it turned out. I just need to sand down some of the edges, add the handle, the catch receiver and Supra sticker that I ordered.

That's bad ass. Super clean, love it! Now what else can you whip up in carbon? I love visual carbon.