Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

It better that it didn't slope anyways...especially if you are going to put an extra cooler or anything on top. You don't have to worry about things sliding on top of anyone sitting in the aft seats. Originally, my thought was to build to the same height as my step. Now I'm thinking of building higher and cover it completely to get more storage.

Marvin, I'm little confused, is it bad smoke coming out from the engine dog house on this pic ?

Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by Sdc77 View Post
    Marvin, I'm little confused, is it bad smoke coming out from the engine dog house on this pic ?
    Thats funny that you mentioned that. That is actually sunscreen transferred from my hand while when I adjusted the mirror after she started. I tried to smear it off, but failed. LOL. She only got one run in so I wasn't able to get a clear picture this time.

Default Mirror

Quote Originally Posted by lmnelson86 View Post

Also what brand is your mirror, and what size? I have been looking for a new mirror but I can only find "stock" photos...I want to see the real thing on a boat. Yours is exactly what I am looking for!
    Luke...here is a picture and dimensions of my mirror:

Marvin -

You're the man, thanks so much.

I was able to get out on the lake before the storm rolled in. It was really choppy. For as much work we did to get it on the water, we try to squeeze it in every chance we get!

Here's a short video. I ran out of memory on my phone. https://youtu.be/xKM5l99URgY
    Last edited by flipz96; 08-02-2015 at 08:05 PM.

So cool you can share this passion with your girlfriend. Mine doesn't ride and work on the boat with me. Fortunatly she likes spending time on it for sun bath.
    Your boat is one of my favorite. I definitely like all the mods you did on it. It looks like a modern boat

I'm trying to find ABS faux Carbone sheet here in France, I really would like to rebuild my rear hatch, dash and front hatch like yours. Unfortunatly it seems to be hard to find here. Will search more and more, and maybe order from UK.

What will be next mods you plan to do on your boat ?
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Quote Originally Posted by Sdc77 View Post
    So cool you can share this passion with your girlfriend. Mine doesn't ride and work on the boat with me. Fortunatly she likes spending time on it for sun bath.
    Your boat is one of my favorite. I definitely like all the mods you did on it. It looks like a modern boat

I'm trying to find ABS faux Carbone sheet here in France, I really would like to rebuild my rear hatch, dash and front hatch like yours. Unfortunatly it seems to be hard to find here. Will search more and more, and maybe order from UK.

What will be next mods you plan to do on your boat ?
    I appreciate that man! I am very lucky to have her support and she enjoys and works on the boat with me. I got her into the wakeboarding and wakesurfing and she loves it now. At least the sunbathing brings your girl on the boat!

There is always something to mod on the boat. I was thinking about doing the underwater lights, but I don't do any night boating (yet). I've been checking out some of your other threads too (ie tower speakers) and its pretty cool. I am going to make coaming wall panels because mine were missing when I got the boat. I'm still trying to decide what material I am going to use for it.

I've been working on designing some check patterns for a NSS style tabs. The only thing I'm hesitant on is trying to reach down for a backing plate between the transom/coring and the gas tank. I think I may have to remove my gas tank to get access and it will be a PITA. I also want to do lenco tabs but will also consider making it manual. This is when my girl steps in and says "why don't we just enjoy the boat for awhile before we do anything else." =)

Ahaha, that's exactly what my GF said when I show her your faux carbon parts. She just want to enjoy it this way.
    Removing the gas tank is not that hard on the Saltare without removing seats, we simply flip it vertically when I have to work under it (for underwater leds and rudder), about 1 hour, not more. Don't know for the Mariah ...

With your access to CNC, a tower speaker can be a cool winter project
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

IMG_3172.jpg

Flipz..or anyone else...

Can you tell me what goes through the two holes in this kick panel? It was already removed by the previous owner when I got the boat. I know where it goes...just not sure what to make of the two holes. Thought it could be for some of the wires or maybe a vent? No idea...