Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cap on????

Quote Originally Posted by chris young View Post
    It's a tournament ski boat, with a ski pylon, without the pylon it's just a runabout that's hard to dock and burns too much gas.
    This made my day Chris. I was going for practical reasons why I wouldn't move it or remove it but this is a really funny approach.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Seriously though, why not just buy a skylon? We use one at the club for beginner/advanced wakeboard lessons (though I can't for the life of me understand why someone would want to wakeboard when we've got 3 regulation slalom courses)[/QUOTE]
    You got that right! My kind of guy.
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Lots of good points for keeping the ski pylon. As for buying a skylon, I think I'll pass. Skylons were lame in the 90's and well...they're still really lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Skylon, well another brand of extended pylon. Works for me until I bite the bullet on a tower. Rarely ski but I will keep my pylon even after a tower. That is not usable space except maybe storage, and I can stuff things around the pylon if needed (bags, fenders, etc.). My pylon appears to be two piece. The lower piece bolts to one of the tracking fins and into the stringers. The upper piece is the actual pylon and bolts to the lower cradle. I would at least leave the cradle in to tie the stringers and hull together. Just remove the top piece if needed. You can probably get or make a cap for the hole in the floor if you leave it out, and you'll always have the option to install it in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Supranewbee View Post
    Lots of good points for keeping the ski pylon. As for buying a skylon, I think I'll pass. Skylons were lame in the 90's and well...they're still really lame.

Might be lame but if you can't afford a tower and you want to get the rope more then 3' off the water what other choice? I have one and it works great for wake boarding. Good luck.

86 Saltare

Default Cap on????

Took out the two outer stringers today. How well do I need to grind down all the old fiberglass so the new stuff will bond?

You would be best to grind down to the main hull.

Thanks!