Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cap on????

Funny enough, I just bought a house (hopefully, the deal isn't finalized,) but I have now got a heated workspace big enough to do a boat, so who knows? Doubtful that I'd do it this winter but maybe next... I may build new interior stuff this winter though. Problem is I had no plans to move the boat after I bought it, and hence do not have a trailer.

If you ever need to borrow mine i know it will fit!

Default Cap on????

It will go back on fine just remove the cap , and leave a 2" of old deck from the walls of the hull and measure off that , if you can use a level and a tape , your deck will be right . Some people even used plumb line to get a visual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Thanks man, what boat do you have?
    Mine's an 84 Rider

Default Cap on????

86 sunsport , just have to pay attention and take a lot of measurements , I used plum line and just set the deck at desired height

LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Has anyone ever moved the ski pylon to the back like a V-drive on an old Sunsport? I don't have the money for a tower and the back seat is useless with the current set up. Since the whole floor is torn out I figured now is the time. It may make more sense to just remove it completely and use the loop on the transom.

Quote Originally Posted by Supranewbee View Post
    Has anyone ever moved the ski pylon to the back like a V-drive on an old Sunsport? I don't have the money for a tower and the back seat is useless with the current set up. Since the whole floor is torn out I figured now is the time. It may make more sense to just remove it completely and use the loop on the transom.
    It's not wise, the pylon bolts to the stringers and also to the hull below backed to one of the tracking fins, at least that is how it is on my boat and this is for strength. If you are going to end up using the rear tow eye anyways, why not just leave it unless you don't want the handy hand hold when you are driving.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

It's a tournament ski boat, with a ski pylon, without the pylon it's just a runabout that's hard to dock and burns too much gas.

Seriously though, why not just buy a skylon? We use one at the club for beginner/advanced wakeboard lessons (though I can't for the life of me understand why someone would want to wakeboard when we've got 3 regulation slalom courses)

jetlink- Good point about the bolts to the tracking fin. I didn't think about that. I'll just leave it alone. Maybe just pull the pylon out if it really seems to be in the way. I've seen a few people one here say they were surprised how much room it seemed to add taking it out. Other people like it for a place to hold on or hang wet jackets etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Supranewbee View Post
    jetlink- Good point about the bolts to the tracking fin. I didn't think about that. I'll just leave it alone. Maybe just pull the pylon out if it really seems to be in the way. I've seen a few people one here say they were surprised how much room it seemed to add taking it out. Other people like it for a place to hold on or hang wet jackets etc.
    I have a hard time seeing how it would add much room back into the boat. And it's so useful. skiing, tubing, hand-hold, leaning post, hold lifejackets and/or ski ropes. I've seen people use it as a tie-off cleat, fender line cleat, etc. It's a multi-functional piece of equipment that doesn't take up much space.

I 2nd chrisyoung's post above^^

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839