Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2015 Supra Southern Reunion!

It's that time of year again everybody. After three years of running the show "solo," Rob has accepted the help of myself and one other member to help put on this years event so Rob can sit back and have some fun of his own. The three of us have been talking the last few weeks/month and here are the details we have so far.

The date(s) that we are looking at are either the weekend of the 10th-12th, or the 17th-19th, in July however this year we are trying a new location. After listening to some of the boaters express an interest in finding "better water" we have searched high and low for some better water to host the event while still maintaining the same area features that many of you have come to expect.

With that being said, the location is going to be on Lake Cumberland in Kentucky this year.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...74e9f069f2ebbb
    The water is supposed to be gorgeous and plenty of people we have talked to that have boated there rave about it. We are looking specifically at the State Dock area of Lake Cumberland as our "base of operations" for the weekend.

http://parks.ky.gov/parks/resortpark...d/default.aspx
    http://parks.ky.gov/!userfiles/aPark...Cumberland.pdf
    http://parks.ky.gov/!userfiles/aPark...Campground.pdf

There are cottages available for rent, some are rather big and with how friendly all of the participants are in this group, we figured some families might elect to split a larger cottage. There is also a lodge that has 63 rooms available for rent. There is also a camp ground located nearby for those that would like to go the camping route, I'm personally looking forward to seeing what the Missouri crowd shows up with this year after hearing the plans at the last event.

And for those who are really looking for something new and creative to the event, this lake and specifically the "State Dock" has house boats for rent as well.
    http://www.statedock.com/visit-the-marina/houseboats/

So, this is what we have so far, we look forward to seeing you there and are hoping to see some new faces this year as this event continues to grow every year. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to either myself, or TitanTN via PM, or just toss your questions up here.
    Last edited by Jetlink; 01-13-2015 at 10:56 PM.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

What's a "Rueion" Sorry couldn't resist. Sounds great would love to check out Cumberland. Not sure if I can make it. We have reservations at Lake Norris starting on 7/11. It would be nice to be able to do both, so I will have to see how it plays out. But Thanks to all that work on planning these events. I know it takes a lot of time and effort and the past two years have been great. Met some really great supra owners and have learned a lot from everyone involved. Really a great time.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

If I get to vote since I can't guarantee my attendance, the only chance for me to be there would be 7/10 to 7/12. Possibly could drive down in the morning on the tenth and stay until Saturday evening and then head on to Norris.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Quote Originally Posted by gogger View Post
    If I get to vote since I can't guarantee my attendance, the only chance for me to be there would be 7/10 to 7/12. Possibly could drive down in the morning on the tenth and stay until Saturday evening and then head on to Norris.
    This would be my vote too. I wouldn't be available the 17-19th, and the 10-12th is pushing it. But Lake Cumberland is supposed to be a great lake and I hope the new location will bring even more boaters.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Quote Originally Posted by gogger View Post
    What's a "Rueion" Sorry couldn't resist.
    Thanks for pointing that out... Proof that I probably should not be posting after spending the better part of a day inhaling resin fumes.

My vote is also for July 10th-12th.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

The Missouri clan is hopeful. Wife getting ready to have extensive shoulder surgery so just have to see how that goes.
    However the camper project is still in progress. Sure had a lot of fun last year.
    [SIGPIC]

I really want to attend. It's only about a 4 hr drive for me from Huntsville. Problem is, with fixing up the boat, I may still be pretty much broke at that point. All minor projects, just a bunch of them, which adds up. fix up boat, or enjoy boat? Ugh.

Would love to go, but little to far to drag the Allegro.
    1984 SUPRA ALLEGRO 454 PCM 330 HP
    14H 14L Michigan Prop

Finally, close enough to actually consider going and my son's first birthday is on July 12th, so that weekend would be tough. I'll keep an eye out with the wife to see how interested she is. Thanks again guys for putting this together.
    2011 Supra 21V
    Wetsounds Icon8's
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4x4

Any restaraunts on the water at Cumberland? One of the great things about Harrison bay is the ability to boat to dinner. Any hotels I the are also besidesthe lodge?
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec