Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default "New" 2000 launch project

Well guys I purchased a 2000 launch last month and have been working hard on my days off trying to bring her back to life. Known problems were bent prop and rudder and upholstery as Well as a couple of the Magellan gauges. The gel coat was horrible, I don't think this boat was covered in at least 7 years. So I'm starting a thread on my progress. Hope y'all enjoy.uploadfromtaptalk1399081811144.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by vvfdfirefighter; 05-02-2014 at 10:12 PM.

Man, the previous owner really let her fade huh, did you get a good deal on her?
    2002 Supra Launch 22SSV
    ACME 1433 Prop
    Ghetto Gate

What gauges are you trying to replace. I took my Medallion Volt, Temp, Gas and Oil Pressure gauges out, not sure if they work or not, but if you need them you can have them.

What did you put on the blue stripes to bring the color back?
    Thanks
    Rusty

Default Re: "New" 2000 launch project

Quote Originally Posted by td in nc View Post
    What gauges are you trying to replace. I took my Medallion Volt, Temp, Gas and Oil Pressure gauges out, not sure if they work or not, but if you need them you can have them.
    Td in NC, the ones I need are volts oil pressure and temperature! I'd gladly take them off your hands!

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie1 View Post
    What did you put on the blue stripes to bring the color back?
    Thanks
    Rusty
    Rookie1, I wet sanded the blue line with 600 grit then 800 and then used a compound called buff magic on it with a dual action polisher. It starts out about 800 grit itself and then basically cuts itself down to over 2000 grit. Amazon is the best place I found it cost wise. Make sure while wet sanding to also use a bucket of water with a drop or two of liquid dish soap in it. Keep rinsing your sandpaper, that is on a sanding block, into the bucket. The soap keeps the sandpaper from clogging up. Any more questions just ask!!!

Robbie

Port side done. Only took me about 13 hours! That is not a fish story either. That oxidation on the blue was bad but the white was way worse. Finding the right angle to look at the Hull while buffing was hard. But I got all the fade out. Now to the starboard side.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vvfdfirefighter; 05-04-2014 at 06:45 PM.

With rudder and prop damage make sure you look carefully at the strut it may have been bent?

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    With rudder and prop damage make sure you look carefully at the strut it may have been bent?
    Here's my question. I thought the same but I've not been able to verify. Say it is, I know the shaft isn't bent since the gap at the transmission coupling never followed the rotation I rotated the shaft. It always stayed at a constant. I realigned the engine and got it within 1 thousands of an inch. If the strut is bent and the engine is aligned to the shaft as it sits now will it cause problems?

I feel your pain on the hull refresh. My hand is still numb after countless hours of wet sanding/compounding/polishing/waxing my 2001 22ssv this winter. I pulled my decals too, just wanting a new look this year. I had the flat seats resurfaced this winter too. Well worth it.

2014-8.jpg

2014-14.jpg

2014-12.jpg
    Last edited by barelyfloating; 05-05-2014 at 01:39 PM.