Default 1985 Supra Sport.....Project Boat

Hey Everyone.......

I have a 1985 Supra Sport for sale. She needs to be finished, but here is what has been done so far.....

New Engineered Floor and Stringers!!!! Installed by Skiers Choice.......NOT WOOD ON WOOD UNDER GLASS
    The worst part of a build has already been done!!
    The Deck and Hull are in very good shape and have been re-assembled.
    Comes with a 351 complete with tranny. Motor has been gone through and Runs Perfect. You could eat off this thing!!
    The interior has NOT been re-done. And personally, I would put new paint on it.
    This was a project boat that we were gonna do here at my shop in Powell, Tn at The Boat Works. But I have way to many restoration projects of my own and I am choosing to finish my 340 sea ray sundancer instead! It also comes with a BRAND NEW SMP Trailer. Not and Old Original Worn Out POS!!!!!!

My askin Price is $4,500.00
    The motor and Tranny are worth over half of that, as well as the New Trailer and the fact that here at my shop I rebuild wakeboard boats all the time and I would charge A$2500-$3500 for new floors and Stringers, this being Space Age Engineered Flooring instead makes the value of just the floor well over $4000.00!!!!!

Anyone wanting a project with most all the hard work done, this is IT!!

This is one of my personal boats and I am using the $$ from the sale to finish other projects, but I am willing to finish this for someone if they want to CONTRACT my SHOP for the remainder Labor!!??

We can gel coat with a bad-ass paint/metal flake job or can always do Imron.

As far as the interior, we can do that for around $1800-$2400 depending on how radical you want it.

I am factory trained and been in the business for over 15 years, working at Sea Ray boats and 8 plus years at Malibu boats! All my work is as good as factory, if not better!!

Like I said, this was one of my personal projects, but need funding for something else. But would love to run it through my shop to help who ever buys it to finish!!

I will post pictures later today as we are slammed at the moment and its raining.

Thanks for looking

Post up some pictures.

And, just so we're clear -- you can do composite stringers/floors on Supra boats for $2500 - $3500??? I believe most of the DIYers have that much into just materials alone re-doing them with wood. If you can do them for that much, this forum can make you a busy, busy guy.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Did you ever sell the boat? Are the composite stringers a pick up able item or is after install. Also if this is an install cost, is the $2500 price include the removal of existing stringers? I have an 1985 sunsport that I am about to dive in on as I would have same cost into my boat and rebuild, as you are asking for yours maybe a possible trade? My engine seems strong but I haven't gotten a compression rest or anything like that done. If the trade is an option I could bring it in and get it checked out

Where are the pics????

Original post is almost 5 months old - not sure it's still valid.
    (questioning how I missed this post as it's pretty interesting...)

This was already bought by a forum member

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ct-Beast/page6

Thanks for clearing that up ptownkid. Now anyone have any information on the whole composite stringer install

I have the boat that he listed. As far as the composite stringers go its the same process as wood stringers without the wood. I know from doing my interior composite is expensive. I will ask shanne the next time I'm over there.
    85 Supra Sunsport project