Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where to Find Supra Brand Boat Covers?

I've been trying to find a full bow-to-stern boat cover (preferably branded for Supra) for my 2009 Supra Launch21V. All I keep getting are cheap knock-off cover makers. Ordered a Seal Skin as it alleged a custom fit to my boat and it fit about as good as my socks on my 9-month old son. #frustrated. I'm done trying to save some cash and would prefer to just get as close to a factory (Supra) made cover as possible. Does anyone have suggestions on where to find?

Thank you Supra Fans!

Clay / Dallas, TX

-cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

Quote Originally Posted by cjtpilot View Post
    That's the only "custom" fit cover company that I know of. The rest of them just take a similar boat and make the cover fit -- these guys will make you a cover that uses a pattern actually made from your boat.

Your other alternative is to find a local shop to make you a custom fit cover. In my case, I couldn't find anything less than about $2500 locally, so I bit the bullet and spent about $900 on skiboatcovers.com. Very happy with the fit.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

1987 Supra Saltare
    PCM 454

A local shop in Austin wanted around $2k as well. I thought they just didn't want to make one but maybe that's the going rate.

Carver isn't 'custom' but I'll vouch for their warrantee. I bought one through iBoats and it split at a seam after something like 2 years. It was really my fault as water pooled and i ripped the cover trying to dump it out. I wasn't using support poles at the time. They wanted to send me a new one but I asked about applying the credit to a better cover and they had no problem with that.

I've never had a truly custom cover but I suspect they all need support poles to prevent pooling. Those and one of these ( http://hangtyte.com/ ) and the Carver cover is great.
    Last edited by Salty87; 02-16-2015 at 07:40 PM.

Skiboatcovers.com

I know this does not help you much unless you live in Northeast Indiana, but I had a cover made for my boat for just under $500. There is a local canvas shop that made it. It is not Sunbrella acrylic, but it is their vinyl. He said the lifespan would be between five and seven years. I will be into season three with it this year, and it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    86 Saltare

Hey Jasun, can you PM me more info on where you got your cover made at? Even though that might be a little drive for me thats a hell of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jasun View Post
    I know this does not help you much unless you live in Northeast Indiana, but I had a cover made for my boat for just under $500. There is a local canvas shop that made it. It is not Sunbrella acrylic, but it is their vinyl. He said the lifespan would be between five and seven years. I will be into season three with it this year, and it works great.

-cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

Quote Originally Posted by cjtpilot View Post
    Hey Jasun, can you PM me more info on where you got your cover made at? Even though that might be a little drive for me thats a hell of a deal.
    Drive? Why drive it when I'm sure there are other options available. 😄
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Cjtpilot , I sent you a couple private messages.

86 Saltare