Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Some updates...it's been a while. We've gotten more dirt work done, some trees and shrubs planted, got the garage organized better, built a really cool bird feeder post, and have been putting a lot of finishing touches on the interior with our personal touch and style.

They've also updated the Google satellite view so it actually shows our house on the property now.

I haven't checked in on this since your slab was poured I think. Pretty cool to see it pretty much done now. Very nice!

With satellite updated the tax man will be coming for ya, lol.

Thanks, yeah it's changed a lot. The county assessor actually showed up in June, IIRC. He actually measured and updated the property information then, but they didn't kick it into the new assessed value until the first of the year. I actually just got my notification of taxable value, etc., at the end of last week.

Another update We've been working on a lot of little things that are hard to see in pictures, but slowly making progress on a variety of items for finishing and settling in. In addition, we've done quite a bit on getting the garden area going, as well as trimming and cleaning some of the wooded areas right behind the garage.

Got this shot of a beautiful sunrise yesterday morning on my way into work. This is about 10 miles from our house where I get on the interstate.

Finally got a chance to burn. This was two of the 3 piles we had from all the cleanup we've been doing.

Got some sod put in on this slope...we were having too much washout and erosion, so needed to do something about it.

I managed to get my wife to actually operate a tractor. Of course her buddy had to join her...he was going nuts until we let him get up there with her.

Seedlings are doing well for the garden. I planted 60 tomato plants.

Garden area is shaping up...got all the good soil tilled in and getting ready to plant the warm weather crops in the next couple weeks. You can also see our ever growing stockpile of firewood and the composting area in this pic.

Lots of beautiful redbuds on the property, along with natural wildflowers and wild plums.