Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Couple questions? What kind of tile are you using in the bigger shower on the walls and floor? Did you go standard butcher block and stain? And how much variation on cabinet heights and how did you decide what should be what height?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome ! It's very interresting how house construction is different in the USA vs FRANCE. I really enjoy what I see. Kitchen and bathroom are made directly in situ !!! We buy it at shop, it's almost universal, and we build a house arround kitchen dimensions. Anyway, quality isn't here. Your construction seems undestructible. Very interresting.
    One other thing that is completly different from our countries : We only have round boxes for house plugs. This way, we drill a round hole will a driller. Seems easier for french builders.
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

The kitchen and bathroom cabinets are sometimes built on site and sometimes built in a shop or purchased as standard pieces that are fit together. It really just depends on how the house is being built. Interesting difference on the house plugs...I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarlydude View Post
    Couple questions? What kind of tile are you using in the bigger shower on the walls and floor? Did you go standard butcher block and stain? And how much variation on cabinet heights and how did you decide what should be what height?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The walls are a 6" x 24" porcelain tile with the weathered wood grain look. This link is our exact tile, I think: http://www.ceramic-tile4u.com/catalo...ategory/12198/ The floor is a sliced pebble style that is a 12" x 12" mosaic. This link is the same or similar to what we used: https://www.builddirect.com/Natural-...160712182504:s We actually custom built the butcher block with a variety of different fairly standard lumber woods. We aren't staining it, and still have some work to do to have it completely finished. There is some fill work to do and a lot of sanding still, then it will just get a butcher block conditioner and regular oiling. The tallest cabinets are at 8' and the rest drop down to 7' if I remember correctly. We originally wanted the corners to go to the ceiling, but changed that after seeing them at 8'. We wanted the refrigerator location to be taller and the corners, plus the vent hood going all the way to the ceiling. We just sketched it out when we were planning everything and based it on what you usually see in kitchens with taller cabinets and the variation (castle tops).

Plumbing is almost done, HVAC is being installed as we speak and a couple small items are being completed by my contractor that were his responsibility. We'll still have a lot of finish work to do, but the house should be livable and move in ready today or tomorrow...pretty exciting!

We got moved in last weekend and we're working on getting settled, along with continuing to finish all the final details. We made some good progress on trim this week.

You have kept the concrete amazing for that much work and traffic... what are your final finish plans for the floors?

Quote Originally Posted by NoWake View Post
    You have kept the concrete amazing for that much work and traffic... what are your final finish plans for the floors?
    We're leaving it pretty much as is. We noticed where we had tape it has left a residue, and when we cleaned the floors with a pressure washer to get drywall mud off it scored a bit. We may use a floor buffer and go over it to smooth and polish it a bit more and put a non shiny penetrating sealer on it.