Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Getting the taters started.

Initial spread of the good soil.

Got some chicken manure from our friends, for the compost. I never thought I'd be so excited about chicken poop....lol

This was the soil I had delivered to till in. 5 year old horse manure compost...very good dirt.

It was quite a load...15 yards.

The beginnings of our composting area. I'm planning to have 3 bins like this, all together.

Spring has sprung...actually got some decent results from the bulbs we planted in the fall.

The never ending wood pile and stacking effort...LOL. We've managed to find a really good source for wood through our younger son's friend. His dad has several different properties within 15 miles of us that has runs cattle on. He is constantly having areas cleared for more pasture, so we has piles of pushed over trees all over for us to cut. He has all kinds of walnut, pecan and oak.

Wow - changed so much! You will have to do something to keep the deer out of your garden. Trust me. Only so many can succumb to lead poisoning.
    2008 24 SSV, Gravity Games Edition.

LOL, yeah. I will fence it in before too long.

It is really very nice.

I just happened to pop on here and look at this thread...looks like photobucket came back. I'll have to do some updated pics. It's hard to believe we've been in the house three years now.