Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Looks like things are finally moving along. I am kind of surprised that you're not farther along. My house was built in 3 months from the time that they broke ground to the time that I moved in. Looks like you're at 4 months now and just getting the exterior up...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Yeah, there have definitely been some delays with certain aspects dealing with the city, but when the contractor has has work being done it's gone fairly fast. It should be a total of about 6-7 months, not counting the delays. He's hoping to have us ready to paint the interior by mid February.

Continued progress. Last week and into the he weekend, the framing has been finished and the roof is up. The electrician is now getting started and further work on the plumbing is taking place. If all goes well, we should be sheet rocked and textured by mid to late February, then we start much of the finish work. I'm sure we'll be out working on the house every chance we can get so we progress quickly.

Last edited by Okie Boarder; 01-04-2016 at 09:56 PM.

Things are continuing to progress along. HVAC rough-in is done. Plumbing and electrical rough-in is close. We've had a few things come up that affected budget, so some changes are being made to adjust. I tried to take some interior pictures to show some of the work, but it can be a bit tough in tight quarters...hopefully they are helpful for visualizing some of the layout and progress. As you may notice, we did a lot of can lights, so there are very few fixtures. If all goes well, electrical will be finished this week, along with windows, then it is on to exterior finish.

From your pictures your contractors doing a fine job. It's always interesting to see how other builders practice their craft. What state are you building this home in? The reason I ask there is no snow and the ground looks fairly dry. I did notice someone made a window size change. In our area we use ABS plastic for the drain pipes instead of PVC. Normally a house with this pitch of roof and fairly simple roof design we would opt to use engineered trusses doesn't really matter it's all good. Hope everything goes well I'll be watching this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagman View Post
    From your pictures your contractors doing a fine job. It's always interesting to see how other builders practice their craft. What state are you building this home in? The reason I ask there is no snow and the ground looks fairly dry. I did notice someone made a window size change. In our area we use ABS plastic for the drain pipes instead of PVC. Normally a house with this pitch of roof and fairly simple roof design we would opt to use engineered trusses doesn't really matter it's all good. Hope everything goes well I'll be watching this thread.
    Yeah, from everything I'm seeing I agree. The foundation is amazing and definitely will be solid on top of our shifting soil. The framing seems top notch to me, and they seem to go over the requirements and minimums with a few aspects. We're in Oklahoma. We've had a couple storms roll through with rain, snow and ice, but it doesn't stick around. Window size change? I've had a couple people ask me about trusses. The reason they aren't used much around here is it is cheaper to do the stick build. Trusses really only get used when someone has money to burn or on commercial jobs.

So, we have been working on finalizing the design for the kitchen cabinets and decided to make one change, which was to put the oven stack in a corner. The layout and elevations have been sketched out and looks like we have a pretty good design. Here are some pictures showing the design. Any thoughts or suggestions?

We were actually at the house this weekend doing clean up, and laid out the design to see how it would look an feel.

Pulled the truck in the garage while we were there. Looks like it's going to fit just fine.