Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Brick is almost done and the doors are starting to go in. This week the weather is supposed to be really nice, so hopefully a lot of progress can be made.

They got the brick done, after having to wait for one last delivery of brick that was out of stock. Now the focus is on finishing a few interior items, and sheet rock as far as the inside is concerned. The exterior is being trimmed out and prepped for paint. We're liking the way the trim looks and anxious to see it painted. We decided to do board and batten around the whole house at 2' centers. We also decided to trim out the transition from the shake shingle look in the gables and the board and batten siding.

Sheet rock is underway. It's fun to see the spacial feeling in the house change as the walls are closed up.

I hope you ran every kind of extra wire you could think of before sheetrock. When I had my house built, I did 2 runs of coax to all the rooms, as well as Ethernet. I prewired the bedroom, family room, and office for 5.1 surround sound (though I wish I would have known that 7.1 and 9.1 would eventually come on the scene). I added more outlets the garage, bathrooms, and kitchen. I wired in for canned lights and ceiling fans. I wired for outlets under the eves for Christmas lights. A couple extra days of wiring was so worth it in the long run.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

We did most of the same. We didn't wire every room for surround...I doubt we would ever use that and I'm pretty fond of the sound bar technology now. We're definitely wired up for whole house network capability, audio, etc. We also did lots of extra outlets for various purposes, as well as lots of can lights and ceiling fans. We didn't do the eves for Christmas lights...don't plan on ever having lights up. But, we did set up for flood lights around most of the main perimeter of the house, so the wiring is already there and could be easily tapped in to.

A couple cool things we wired for is fans in the upper corners of the garage (in addition to the ceiling fans), extra plugs on the 3rd car bay that are at about 6-7' height for bench level task/shop lighting, switch and plug at the end of each main hall to the back bedrooms to mount a corner fan unit to push air down those hallways. That last item is mostly for winter to push warm air to the rooms from the wood stove in the main part of the house. We also pre-wired and are prepared for a whole house attic fan if we ever decide to put one in.
    Last edited by Okie Boarder; 04-14-2016 at 02:37 PM.

Nice job. Yeah, the "office" that was wired for 5.1 is now our guest bedroom and that wiring isn't being used anymore. But in the master and family room it's great. I also ended up with wiring that is no longer applicable. I wired for a hot tub to the back yard. We don't have the hot tub anymore. I also wired for phone lines and we don't have that anymore either. Tech sure evolves.

Good call on the rest of the stuff you did. I like it when people think through the things that would compliment their lifestyles.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Thanks. Yeah, I got a lot of good feedback on here and a couple other forums as we were planning things. This is actually the third new construction house we've had, but we are much more involved in this one than any of the others. This one is way more custom, as well.

Sheet rock is done.