Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

I need to get some new pictures up with everything all green. We went to the property Sunday and cut up one of the trees that had been pushed over by the previous owners. It looks like we're going to get a fair amount of firewood just from that one tree.

We had some delays and issues getting everything going with our construction loan, but it looks like we are almost done with that and planning to close early next week. Hopefully we'll be breaking ground in the next month or so. I'll be updating this thread fairly often once work begins.

Went out to the property and took some new pics. These are pretty much the same views as I posted earlier. Obviously, things are filled in and much greener than they were in those last pics. We are working on cutting up a few of the downed trees and getting the wood split so it is ready for our first winter in the house.

This picture is about 30-40 yards into the property on the south side close to the middle east to west. The nearby neighbor's dog kept coming over to see what we were up to...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Okie Boarder View Post
    Went out to the property and took some new pics. These are pretty much the same views as I posted earlier. Obviously, things are filled in and much greener than they were in those last pics.
    Man..thats a huge difference! We don't see that much difference in South Florida. It seems like the latter picture all year round. Congrats and good luck with construction.

Yeah, winter around here makes it look like everything is dead. LOL

Things are starting to get going...had some brushhogging done yesterday and we are supposed to break ground on Monday. Here are some pics of the land...sure did open up a lot cutting everything to prep for the dirt work.

We also found a storage place that is expanding, so they knocked down a bunch of trees. We spent a little time last night cutting some logs and hauled them to our place. They have quite a bit of downed trees, so we may do a couple more trips to their place and cut some more. We had our truck about as loaded as possible last night...probably enough for 1/3 of a rick or so. We definitely were able to get some good sized logs.

So, we had a lot of area cleared with a standard brush hog and the contractor had the dozer guy get started. With where we want the house, it looks like we will intrude upon the low area on the south. We also hadn't cleared that far, so it was time to stop and decide the next steps. This weekend, an acquaintance/colleague was able to pitch in to clear everything else we needed, along with some of the thicker stuff a normal brush hog wouldn't get anyway, using one of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2adjkAfyvQ

We got all the area cleared we need to do some more extensive dirt work, and then some. We cleared some more areas to the north of the property, along the back of the property and created a nice open spot in the woods as a "pasture" that has trails leading in and out from where it is cleared by the house and across the back fence/property line.

The extra dirt work will start tomorrow to establish a different low lying area for drainage and prepare for the final house pad development...should be some good progress this week. I didn't get any pics with my phone and we still need to download off the good camera, so I'll get those posted once we do.

Awesome things are moving, keep us posted with progress and pics.

Reading through this, you mentioned your contractor was going to let you do some work yourself. What did you have in mind?

We're planning to paint, do all tile work and then we'll see what else. We will probably do clean up, some small tasks and may get involved with some of the trim and cabinet work.