Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Just a vote for the 24, we love ours and there's usually just two of us. Yeah, we would be fine with a smaller boat but it is nice to have the extra room. We've never had too many folks want to jump in, there's always been room!!!!

But you can't go wrong with any of these.

Kevin Allen

Cosign this. 100%. Going from the 20ssv to the 24ssv, I don't know how we will ever do less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Default Re: Common 05-09 Launch/Sunsport 22/24 issues?

It's mostly two of us, but when the group comes out this is def a selling point!

2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I'm in the KC area also Chris, and have a buddy with a 2007 24SSV on Smithville lake if you ever want to see how that boat handles. I have the baby Supra (20V), and have been to Table Rock with it. It gets kind of bumpy around the Kimberling City area, but otherwise I had no issues with my boat which is essentially a mini version of the 22/24. If it was me, I'd skip the 22 footer and go straight to the 24. Nobody has ever said, "man, I wish my boat had less room in it". You'll enjoy the room, and the price difference isn't all that huge. I'd say the 24 is too big to pull with your pilot though. Maybe a quick launch 100 yards away would be fine, but I certainly wouldn't pull it on the Ozarks roads between KC and TR. Supra's tend to ride a little nose heavy on the trailer, so you'll likely be squatting pretty hard with that boat behind a Pilot.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Default Common 05-09 Launch/Sunsport 22/24 issues?

Thanks Zim, does your buddy store his 24ssv in the offseason? I'd love to check it out sometime just for size comparison.

Seeing these photos pretty much has me sold on a 22 at minimum, ideally a 24ssv or a Moomba XLV.

I hear you in the tow rig. We have a storage unit onsite at Tablerock, wouldn't dream of towing anything bigger than a 20 long distance with the honda.

Like I told KG, I need to see some of these models side by side. Going to try to get down to AZ or Vegas soon and check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by c h r i s View Post
    Thanks Zim, does your buddy store his 24ssv in the offseason? I'd love to check it out sometime just for size comparison.

Seeing these photos pretty much has me sold on a 22 at minimum, ideally a 24ssv or a Moomba XLV.

I hear you in the tow rig. We have a storage unit onsite at Tablerock, wouldn't dream of towing anything bigger than a 20 long distance with the honda.

Like I told KG, I need to see some of these models side by side. Going to try to get down to AZ or Vegas soon and check them out.
    Yeah he keeps it in his shed up around Smithville.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

As far as swamping the nose, we have done it twice. It is driver's error. Take rollers on the side vs straight on. Don't put a lot of adults in the bow, come off plane quickly and go thru your wake right away. Let it roll past. We have had 6 adults, 4 kids and it is "comfortable". Wouldn't want more than 8 adults. But with the swim platform, when anchored, it is a 50' yacht the way everyone hangs out at the back.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"