Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Common 05-09 Launch/Sunsport 22/24 issues?

Thanks guys appreciate the info. I've since started eyeing the 21vs too. My wife thinks it silly to buy a 24 to accommodate the xtra Guests we have 2x's a year.

KG, who has the 24's and where are they at? I'm all for finding an off-market transaction. Price, location and model (prefer sunsport over launch) would dictate over color.

Are you going to be towing the boat? The extra size of the 24 is noticeable on the trailer; something to consider. Other than that, we love the space of ours. I personally would go for the launch over the sunsport so I could have the playpen bow. It makes a comfortable space for a few kids or a couple people to hang out. If you will be doing a lot behind the boat (with people who will be watching); I like the seating layout of the 22 and 24 over the 21v. It's not for everyone, though.

Red - 2006 Supra 24 with 400'ish? hours. Solid upgrades. Very clean. Texas. Somewhere around 40k I believe.

Black - mine ... 2006 Supra 24 with 600'ish hours. Solid Upgrades. Almost as clean. I'm not positive I'd sell ... would have to be the right deal.

Last edited by KG's Supra24; 03-02-2015 at 01:27 AM.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

Sharp looking rides. I'd like to find something with lower hours if possible. Suppose with adequate service records I could get comfortable. I'm coming from a 19' runabout with I/o so anything will be a substantial upgrade.

My current tow vehicle is a Honda Pilot...but I only need to drag it approx 100 yards to launch then it sits in slip until our stay is over. I'm pretty sure the pilot can handle the 21v, my contingency for a larger boat is to bribe the resort owner with a case of beer and use his full size truck to launch each time.

KG, I think I've found a 21v, would love to get your thoughts. Mind if I pm you with the details?

Sure. PM the details.

Something else to keep in mind ... I'd say 400 hours on a boat that old is nothing. Where mine sits at 600 is probably on the average to average-high side. An old boat with 100 hours isn't necessarily a good thing. It's all about how the boats were taken care of. These motors should run 2000 hours but I def understand aiming for a low hour boat.

.... I'll just PM you my email address and you can shoot the details there.
    2006 Supra 24SSV

The red one is mine. I'm under 400 hours and it is in a heated shop, ready for test drives at any time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Where in N Texas are you Dusty? I may be headed south next week to see some others.

I'm in Sherman. Just let me know, feel free to pm if you have any questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Love our 22SSV. The ballast fill time is not an issue with me, I've upgraded to the pro x bags all around and had a pro throw the biggest tricks I've ever seen behind my boat so have no doubt they will take care of any wake boarding needs.I upgraded the vapor lock issue by adding a 2nd fuel pump, problem solved. P7110045.jpgP7110045.jpg

Thanks pctarmor. If you don't mind me asking, what did the 2nd fuel pump cost? If I purchase from a dealer I may just work that into the deal.

What would you say the "comfort" capacity is for the 22?

Also, do you surf? How's the 22 work for you?

Really appreciate everyone's thoughts.

I had a dealer do it for me. They ordered a parts kit from Indmar and installed it for around 250 I think. I would work it into the deal.
    We typically have a mix of kids and adults when we go out. The bow playpen comfortably manages 4-5 kids (mine are ages 3-7) or we have had 3 ladies up front.
    5-6 full grown folks in the back is still very roomy. I have had the boat loaded with 14 adults before and its tight.
    We do surf sometimes, but not frequently. I have the flyhigh pro 750s in back and the 1200 up front so I can get a pretty decent wave. I have also put a sac on the back locker and the wave is nice. My issue is I ride goofy and most of my friends are regular so that is the point where draining/filling can get to be a pain so we usually just wakeboard. That's what we prefer anyway. Let me know if you need any other info.