Default 1989 Supra Sunsport

I am in Pensacola Florida and looking at a 1989 Supra Sunsport. I would use for the sound and the river here. I am not sure how great this boat is for the sound and what not. Just hoping to get some feedback prior to buying the boat? Also would be great to hear what I should look for when looking at the boat. Thank you guys so much for your time.

Regards,
    Nolan

First- what kind of condition overall is it in?
    Generally speaking if in great shape in terms of appearance then better chance that prev owner looked after it in terms of driving, trailering and mechanics.
    How is the upholstery, hull, etc.
    Do a compression test on the engine - an absolute must in my books!
    This boat has wooden stringers that are know to rot on occasion. Turn the motor mount bolts that are screwed into the stringers.
    Are they loose , or turn freely or are they snug.
    A good indicator of rot in the stringers or not.
    Have a knowledgeable person check the stringers out for you. This is crucial.
    How about sharing some pics and asking price.
    This hull makes for a good all around boat, great ski wake etc.
    If boat checks out okay could be a good prospect.
    Good luck
    Last edited by crystal waters; 03-28-2015 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Spell correction

if by "using in the sound" means the same as it does up north here and you're going to use in the ocean, sunsports aren't the best rough-water ride. I had mine on lake winnipesaukee in NH a few years ago during a storm with 3-4' swells, and I could barely go 5mph because it would beat the boat up too much otherwise. great boat otherwise--puts out a good wakeboard and surf wake when weighted properly. if you end up buying it, feel free to ask about how to set it up for board sports. good luck!
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!