Default Should I be concerned??

I'm debating on puling the trigger on this 2006 Sunsport 24V. Everything is in great condition except for one thing: There are some long cracks in the gelcoat below the waterline running parallel to the hull. I cant get a good look at the inside of the hull in this area and the hull doesnt feel "soft". The cracks are right next to one of the trailer bunks. Any advice??

06 Supra Cracked Gel Coat.jpg

I wouldn't be too concerned given where those are located. Gelcoat is mostly cosmetic, and not structural, so cracks in the gel don't always mean there's a problem. When gelcoat is actually applied during the build process, if it's applied too thick in certain areas (and areas with curves and concaves are easy to apply thick) it will become more brittle than in areas that it's applied at the correct thickness. Being on the chines like that boat is probably just means the guy applying the gelcoat put too much on there. Thicker gel coat is more brittle than thin gel coat, so during the rough days on the lake is probably what caused those stress cracks. Unless the fiberglass laminate underneath it is cracked, I wouldn't be too concerned.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

A pic would help greatly. The other way the cracks can develop is by the trailer. Perhaps the owner forgot to empty the balast tanks and drive home over a train track. Point loads of the trailer can be greater than water especially when the boat is not tied down to the trailer.

2003 Supra Launch " Gravity Games Edition"
    Dodge ram CTD tow vehicles....