Threaded View

Default Bilge and Tranny questions

Was getting the boat ready this weekend and noticed that my Sahara S500 Bilge stopped working. I am getting power to bilge and good ground but Bilge no longer comes on manually. When i was checking voltages under dash to rule that out, i noticed that the solid brown wire for the bilge under there was disconnected and appears to have orginally had an inline fuse for the automatic bilge. This bilge has an internal float (and is wired at the bilge) but has never worked i have always just turned it on manually. What bilge pump do you guys reccomend and what type of fuse goes into that inline fuse for the auto bilge?

Tranny Question:
    I have owned 1990 Comp for 3 years and have never changed tranny fluid because level and color has always been good. Should i change this before summer and if so what fluid should i be using and how much does it aprox. hold? Fluid color is currently red.

Engine oil: I have always ran Valvoline straight 30 weight on my 90 351 PCM. I have read and read and starting to feel like this is not a good choice for my motor. Opinions???
    Last edited by Henner; 03-31-2015 at 11:34 AM.