Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Moor View Post
    thats a nice sized pocket on your wave. Definately looks better than mine. I'm going to give your set up a try and see what happens. Your not running any weight in the ski locker or on/under the back seats right?
    nope, mine doesn't have a ski locker and no additional weight other than people. actually, for full disclosure, with the additional people in the boat that day if i recall everyone correctly, that pic would have been with "people weight" of around 500lbs on the surf side and 400lbs on the starboard side. i have noticed that the wave is best if you weigh the surf side 100-200lbs more than the non-surf side when using the surfgate--so basically weigh it evenly and have someone sit in the rear corner you're surfing. the boat still drives really level and handles much better than when listing.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by jtryon View Post
    nope, mine doesn't have a ski locker and no additional weight other than people. actually, for full disclosure, with the additional people in the boat that day if i recall everyone correctly, that pic would have been with "people weight" of around 500lbs on the surf side and 400lbs on the starboard side. i have noticed that the wave is best if you weigh the surf side 100-200lbs more than the non-surf side when using the surfgate--so basically weigh it evenly and have someone sit in the rear corner you're surfing. the boat still drives really level and handles much better than when listing.
    I didnt see that you were using a surf gate. That makes a little more sense. I dont have one yet....
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

oh sorry, yeah i said that in my first post in this thread but the replies are pretty far apart so i can see how you missed it. here's a pic of the first mockup gate that i made last summer, just to make sure it worked. the angle is way more than the angle that ended up working best--i found that 21-22 degrees is ideal for both the wave and handling of the boat.
    IMG_3646.jpg

it would be pretty simple to re-create this if you have the same platform, if you just want to see if it works. a couple pieces of wood and offset brackets to sandwich the rail on the platform, which holds it in place. a couple turnbuckles to secure the assembly, hinge, and 15x20" wal-mart cutting board with the hull angle cut out so that the cutting board is flush, and you've got a template. i can send more pics in the next few days if you want.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Please send a few more pics when you have the chance jtryon. I have a teak swim platform, its not the same as yours but i'm sure i can incorporate something similar in design.
    1988 Supra Sun Sport 454 PCM
    1972 Olds Cutlass 455
    1998 BMW 750il
    1996 BMW M3 coupe
    1995 Toyota Tacoma 4x4