Default Bow weight questions for surfing

So I'm going to get some ballast for the bow of my Saltare and I'm trying to decide between a bow sack or a pair of side sacks.

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-i...d-bow-sac.html
    or
    http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-side-sacs.html

My big concern with the bow sack is that I don't really want to plumb something in but need a fairly easy way to connect the drain to the portable pump. Anyone using the bow sac like this? I'm also wondering if there's a benefit to being able to add more on the left or right by using two separate sacs...

No one...I thought there's be lots of opinions on this one.

The IBS bag shouldn't cause any issues with hooking up to a portable pump. You're not going to get nearly as much weight in the IBS as you would get putting some sacks on the seats because they just won't get totally full, but you also keep everything hidden so people can still sit up there. Does your boat have a wakeplate at all? I find that adjusting my plate does more than putting ballast up in my bow for surfing. Usually bow weight is helpful for wave length.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I have the integrated bow bag plumbed under the bow seats in a 1999 supra santera, and sometimes I fill it up, and sometimes I have to dump a little and let it settle on the down side so it leans a bit more to keep the wave clean. It depends how much weight is in the back of the boat and how strong you are leaning it. If I am fully sacked out and have couple people in the back, I can usually fill the bow full. My usual setup is this. 400 in the passenger side V-Drive compartment, 400 on top of that on the sun deck tied off from the ski pylon to the back cleat-that keeps that bag from rolling into the lake. Then another 400 on the seat in front of the other bags, and I have smaller maybe 125 pound bad you can move around on top of that in the corner by the sun deck. Then I can usually fill my bow bag, but sometimes once where up and surfing I have to dump some. When it is full under the seats my best guess is it's only about 300 pounds. My empty is on the high side when we are surfing so it works well to dump as much as needed to clean up the wave. That is the product of many years of tweaking my wave. That being said, I wouldn't get the integrated bow bag unless you plan to actually integrate it. And you may only need 2 of the fat bricks I was describing. They are about 125 pounds each and they have handles so you can move them around. You don't want a ton of weight in the bow. Just enough to lengthen the wave. Too much and your wave won't have any push to it. Good luck.

I have the integrated bow bag plumbed under the bow seats in a 1999 supra santera, and sometimes I fill it up, and sometimes I have to dump a little and let it settle on the down side so it leans a bit more to keep the wave clean. It depends how much weight is in the back of the boat and how strong you are leaning it. If I am fully sacked out and have couple people in the back, I can usually fill the bow full. My usual setup is this. 400 in the passenger side V-Drive compartment, 400 on top of that on the sun deck tied off from the ski pylon to the back cleat-that keeps that bag from rolling into the lake. Then another 400 on the seat in front of the other bags, and I have smaller maybe 125 pound bad you can move around on top of that in the corner by the sun deck. Then I can usually fill my bow bag, but sometimes once where up and surfing I have to dump some. When it is full under the seats my best guess is it's only about 300 pounds. My empty is on the high side when we are surfing so it works well to dump as much as needed to clean up the wave. That is the product of many years of tweaking my wave. That being said, I wouldn't get the integrated bow bag unless you plan to actually integrate it. And you may only need 2 of the fat bricks I was describing. They are about 125 pounds each and they have handles so you can move them around. You don't want a ton of weight in the bow. Just enough to lengthen the wave. Too much and your wave won't have any push to it. Good luck.

Hi- I have a saltare and would like to add fat sacks for wake surfing. I'm curious what you went with... And why you put sacks on the bow instead of the stern?

There's 1500lbs in the back...two 750 sacks. One across the back seats and one on whatever side we want to surf. The bow weight is going to be in addition.