Hate that my first post is worry and questions, but I'm hoping to get some answers as a new Supra owner! The boat: 2007 Launch 24ssv appx 435hrs on it. I purchased this boat yesterday and put it in the water today for the first time, so my first actual hands on at the controls (When I tested the boat prior to purchasing I rode only).
So the first thing I notice is how loose the wheel is. I know rudder boats will have a delayed or slow response, I'm talking about loose as in very loose up and down and side to side. I removed the 5/6 screws and checked the center bolt in the steering column and it was tight, so I'm concerned why so much play in the wheel?
My next concern is the tower, as it seems to make lots of squeaking and rattling noise as me ride through light chop to moderate chop on the water. From what I can tell all bolts are securely fastened. The two things I notice are that the rubber that is between the tower and boat has started to come out from between the two and there are small, what look like, stress cracks spidering out from the base of the tower at the front of the boat. How can I tighten this monster tower down and not damage anything?
Third problem I just encounter as I put the boat cover on for the first time is that several of the snaps/buttons aren't even attached to the hull. The have unscrewed or wallowed out of the hull, so there is no way to secure the cover in several locations along the boat.
I feel like I might have been screwed by the previous owner...
Any insight or direction is greatly appreciated
T