Default 2006 Supra Launch 20 SSV

Thinking about buying this boat and thought I would come here for some insight and see yalls opinions. Gonna be using this for wakeboarding and surfing. Im sure there are other threads out there on this boat but Id like to see my own thread with feedback. Its the Gravity Games III with 300 hours and clean as a whistle from the original owner. Let me know good pricing and specs yall have in this boat and personal experiences with owning this and riding behind it. All help is appreciated guys. Thanks!! Post all and everything to know and strong or not so strong opinions. It fits in my standard garage and usually have 4-6 people at all times. Seating, room, wake scale and quality with factory ballast...etc...lets see what yall got.

Anybody got anything?

I have an 06 20V. Wakeboard wake is nice, especially with some weight in it. Surf wave is pretty good too. I upgraded my 400lb bags to 750lb bags in the lockers and it makes a huge difference. You'll need a different prop with that kind of weight for surfing to eliminate cavitation.

All in all, good boat. Downfall is the ballast fill times, but it's not really a big issue. They're always full by the time I get to my riding spot. If you search my username, you might come across some pictures of my surf wave. It can get really big.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

-Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Thanks for the response. So what is the stock configuration of ballast? I know forsure I want to do the 750's in the rear lockers. What about the center? What is its stock and does it need to be upgraded and if so what is the biggest it can hold? Is the 750's the biggest you can do in the rear lockers? And one more...with the 750's is the bag buster on wakemaker a the best route? Thanks again.

I'll be upgrading the rear lockers to 750's. Or should I go bigger or is this the biggest it will hold? And what about the center? Is it sufficient or does it need to be upgraded and what size is it currently? I heard the ballast pumps are slow, not too big of a deal but what's a good affordable pump upgrade? And does the rear lockers need to have the extended Jose called a ballast buster...? I think that's what's it called on wake makers. What prop as well? Thanks for the help....I know I just asked like 1274727 questions.

Quote Originally Posted by lake.bum View Post
    I'll be upgrading the rear lockers to 750's. Or should I go bigger or is this the biggest it will hold? And what about the center? Is it sufficient or does it need to be upgraded and what size is it currently? I heard the ballast pumps are slow, not too big of a deal but what's a good affordable pump upgrade? And does the rear lockers need to have the extended Jose called a ballast buster...? I think that's what's it called on wake makers. What prop as well? Thanks for the help....I know I just asked like 1274727 questions.
    750's would be fine in the rear. You could put 1100's in there, but you won't get them 100% full. I can fill my 750's up full. Yes, you'll need the bag buster upgrade or whatever its called which gives you some extra hose to reach the top of the new ballast bags. The factory bags attach at the aft side of the bag, so you need some extra hose to get to the fill port on the new bags. That's an easy 10 minute install. For a pump upgrade on the internal ballast, I'm not sure. I just use the factory pump and it's not too bad. I do have an external tsunami pump that I use to fill my other bags around the boat. I could hook that up to the rear locker bags also to help with fill times, but its not really an issue for me.

Center bag is 400lbs. I usually put another 400lb bag in the center walk way. Bow weight doesn't help this boat surf much, the wakeplate will do more for you than additional ballast up front IMO. For prop, i use 14.25x14.5. It works great, excellent low end pull with a fully weighted and loaded boat. Gets on plane no problem, and still gives me 41mph.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I appreciate your help. Ill be upgrading those listed things soon. Thanks again.