Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Function before fashion!

How can I print this to take out with me? I have already replaced the MDC, not doing that again. The temp gauge pegs hot, the oil pressure jumps all over. I worry and the engine runs fine...

David

left click a section then right click and select print
    Function before fashion!

Done. Thanks for your help in all of this.

David
    99 Santera

I’m about to ball up and do this but just have a couple questions.

Where does the purple wire come from? I don’t see it in the Harness’ picture?

No issues with your fuel sender? I heard that getting to the tank is nearly impossible on these Santera models due to the tank location. If anyone on here know how to access it please chime in!

I will be making a video on this so hopefully I can help at least one person.

Just waiting on the Feria guages.
    1999 SUPRA SANTERA
    LT-1
    HELP...!

Default MDC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by PincheWey View Post
    IÂ’m about to ball up and do this but just have a couple questions.

Where does the purple wire come from? I donÂ’t see it in the HarnessÂ’ picture?

No issues with your fuel sender? I heard that getting to the tank is nearly impossible on these Santera models due to the tank location. If anyone on here know how to access it please chime in!

I will be making a video on this so hopefully I can help at least one person.

Just waiting on the Feria guages.

The Purple wire is the switched 12 volts. (I assume you mean the one on the Circuit Board and/or the one that goes to the Medallion 1600 controller.

I found this on the MasterCraft Forum:

18 Pin Connector (Mostly unused BTW):
    Red (1A)- Constant +12 volts
    Purple (1B)- Ignition Switched +12 volts
    Tan (1C)- Temp
    Blue (1D)- Oil Pressure
    Pink (1E)- Fuel Level
    Black (2C)- Ground
    Gray (2D)- I think this is tach signal (This is the tach.)

Also found this on the MC Forum: (It does not apply to exactly like the Moomba/United Marine, but was helpful.)

https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...ghlight=gauges

I have a 99 Moomba Outback in which I am currently replacing the gauges to Faria.

Faria has a troubleshooting document and has a lot of information. On your fuel sensor, you can measure the resistance off the cables.

FYI, Faria gauges may need an updated sensor (Fuel Tank, Oil pressure, Water Temp.)

Let Me know if you need any more info or help!

PS: My Cuz in Columbus IN has a boat like yours and I love that boat!

Thanks for that cabinman!
    Just got done with it tonight. Man it took me a long time. But damn... better than factory. My Santera has been fu€ked with down there. Also new gauges diameter was bigger so sanded down the smaller holes. Fit snug and clean.

Note I did Not remove gauges panel. Some of the bolt have Came un glued and would just spin. I will just clean and epoxythe back side of panel and set some weight on top till it cures.

I know my gas is low but should I read anything with the ignition switches on??
    1999 SUPRA SANTERA
    LT-1
    HELP...!

Late to the party about this, but...I have a question. I have been reading the instructions on how to do this from the other forums extensively, and I'm think I'm ready to go. The one issue i can't explain to myself is the Red-Power wire on the MDC harness. Does that not splice into anything? The only reasoning I have is that the Power was used for the MDC operation, assuming that the gauges only need the ignition power source???

Thanks.