Default Mastercraft 2015 X30 vs Supra SG

Surprised I got a quote for a X30 and it is priced very similar to SG. I figured Mastercraft would be ~30k more for the same size of boat. Both in the $100k range.

Was there a question you were asking? Both of those are sweet boats, with great surf waves. Wakeboarding wave would probably go to the X30. Both are traditional bow, both 23 footers... so otherwise similar boats. Gen2 surf system on the new MC's has shown to be pretty incredible, as has the Swell system. Can't go wrong with either of those boats IMO.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

I know everyone has there own opinion but there is no other boat to own for water sports other than a SUPRA! Plan and simple. Just my .2 cents
    1984 SUPRA ALLEGRO 454 PCM 330 HP
    14H 14L Michigan Prop

After a test ride and a review at the last boat show, I would take the X30.
    Assuming the options lined-up for both at the same price.
    I thougt they were in the 120-125K range at the shows, but you have the quotes.

If you are going to change brands look at the 210 and 230 from Nautique similar in price excellent quality and wakes.

sg.jpg

SG! Wave for days and massive.

Have you driven both? I think that is where you will find your answer. The SG is an extremely well handling boat for almost a 24 footer. It's about half a foot bigger than the X-30 so take that into consideration as well. Compare the ski wakes, wakeboard wakes, surf wakes, and unweighted handling. Then you will know which is better for you. Does the X-30 have a 6.2L engine? If it's the 5.7L or 6.0L then you're not comparing apples to apples with the SG's Raptor engine. Personally, I would take the SG
    Last edited by Mobius22; 04-26-2015 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    After a test ride and a review at the last boat show, I would take the X30.
    Assuming the options lined-up for both at the same price.
    I thougt they were in the 120-125K range at the shows, but you have the quotes.
    Have you driven an SG?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    Have you driven an SG?
    SG ride, no. I did not think it was released until Dec2014 or Jan2015. Not sure how many I will see around this summer in the TN lakes. It looks good for a traditional bow. The surf pics are impressive. I have not driven the new Fords 6.2.

Been on a few X30s. Really liked the look, interior finish, motor, and wakes - both boarding and surfing. That has been my standard. The one had the bigger motor, I think that was a 10K upgrade vs. the 5.7. I do not recall what motor the other boat had.

M-

An X30 with a 5.7 in it is a damn shame.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V