Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Surf Platform, Fresh Air Exhaust and Ladder installed

...now it is time to get out on the water
    Took inspiration from this group to make the following mods to my newly acquired 242 Launch...
    2015-04-28 06.32.27.jpg
    2015-04-28 06.34.07.jpg
    2015-04-28 06.33.38.jpg
    2011 Supra Launch 242
    Lake Entiat, WA
    Lake Washington

Great looking boat. Fill that thing up and get it on the lake!

Gorgeous boat. I worry about the effect that the ladder may have on a surf wake (and the necessity of it) but if it's something you want and will use..... it's your boat!
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Looks awesome! I am looking forward to getting my new swim platform installed. Did you have any issues mounting it?

Regarding impact on the wake, we will just have to wait and see. The wife really wanted it for some of the older members of our family who enjoy getting into the water, but struggle to get back in the boat. This is the same ladder that kjkimball used (another thread about it if you search swim ladder).
    As far as mounting everything...I took my time, measured and remeasured and again, took my time. Drilling into virgin fiberglass was the most nerve racking element of it and hoping to hell everything lined up and I could get the platform brackets back into slots on the back of the boat. I drilled small pilot holes and then increased the size to accommodate the screws.
    2011 Supra Launch 242
    Lake Entiat, WA
    Lake Washington

Cools thanks for the info.

How do you like the FAE so far? It really seems like a no brainer to get as an add on. Did you install it yourself as well?

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinOj View Post
    How do you like the FAE so far? It really seems like a no brainer to get as an add on. Did you install it yourself as well?
    I haven't had it on the water yet I've got two weeks to go...just soooo busy. Mother's Day plans this weekend otherwise i'd be out there.
    I did the install myself. The directions were straight forward. I did take the stainless steel pieces to a shop to drill and cut a couple of pieces per the instructions. I just didn't have the right equipment to get the result I was looking for. It turned out really well - it is nice and clean The FAE is well designed and well built. It is not plug and play (it is 95% there)...you do need to "fit" it to your boat which requires a couple of cuts and a couple of holes drilled. I opted for the swim platform quick release system.
    2011 Supra Launch 242
    Lake Entiat, WA
    Lake Washington

The ladder would destroy my wake but making the wifey happy is priority. I keep thinking you may have missed a opportunity though. Instead of the ladder you could have easily justified additional bags for your wake that would also swamp the platform eliminating the need for the ladder. Win, Win in my book. Love my FAE, best stereo upgrade out there.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

We just purchased a 2014 Supra SC450, and we are looking at ladder options for the same reason as you.....the need for accessibility from the water for older family members. Can you tell me about the ladder you added, the effect it had, and any recommendations you might make?

Thanks in advance!