Thread: Trailer Mod

Default Trailer Mod

I wanted to share my Boatmate trailer mod. I purchase my 2006 24V last winter and this is my first wakeboat. The first time I ever launched the boat I realized what a PITA it was getting it in and off the trailer. I finally got sick of spraying armor all on the bunks and stressing the winch. The original owner removed the boat buddy and installed a roller. I decided to cut down the yoke that holds the bow roller by 2” exactly. Now it is so much better launching. I can run the trailer deeper and it’s so much easier to launch and recover. I got lucky and I didn’t need to relocate the winch.

IÂ’ll upload some pics when I figure that out

I always go deep with the trailers and float the boat within a foot or two of the winch. Its much easier on the boat and bunks. Sometimes you will have to back it in again to center it up . With the bow strap tight it will self center easily.

Armor All on the bunks? That’s a new one on me. 35 years of trailering a boat and never heard of that.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

You guys and your silly winches.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    Armor All on the bunks? That’s a new one on me. 35 years of trailering a boat and never heard of that.
    Yep. The trailer has to be shallow because of the way they mad the trailer. The bow will go beneath the bow roller. It’s a PITA. I’ve been boating my whole life and never seen such a miss match. I’ve floated and move the truck forward and then pull the truck forward and winch it up. It’s a common issue with these older boats on Boatmate trailers. Lowering the bow roller allows me to put the trailer in at the proper depth and drive it or winch it right up with minimal drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk