Default New Dash switch panels

Just had some new dash switch panels made for my 96 supra ts6m. I left the red warning graphics off. If anyone needs a set exactly like these. You can contact crown trophy in Montgomery Il 630-897-5030 http://www.crowntrophy.com/store-121 They cost $155 for the pair. They must be exactly like these because that is what they have on file. Also I left the mounting holes off due to some of old ones being cracked and they might not have lined up after they lazored them. IMG_0380.jpg
    Last edited by foxriverat; 05-01-2015 at 04:18 PM. Reason: added
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Nice, and here I had to cut my own panels out and label then clear coat.
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

Quote Originally Posted by cjtpilot View Post
    Nice, and here I had to cut my own panels out and label then clear coat.
    Thats exactly what I was going to do. Then I found someplace on the net that a trophy shop might do it. They had to order thicker engraving plastic. I probably could have saved some money doing it myself but I didnt want to deal with it. Here they are installed. IMG_0381.jpg

So, you sent them your old ones and they made those up for $155? That's pretty reasonable I think. I could see doing this for the older boats especially, where a lot of the writing has faded off.

Quote Originally Posted by SquamInboards View Post
    So, you sent them your old ones and they made those up for $155? That's pretty reasonable I think. I could see doing this for the older boats especially, where a lot of the writing has faded off.
    They were local. And the second shop I went to. First lady was a B ya know. They had never done a dash panel. But said they probably could do it. The standard engraving plastic is 1/16 so they had to order thicker 1/8 I gave them my panels and they duplicated them. Some of the mounting holes were cracked off on my old ones so I opted for them not to do the mounting holes in case they didnt line up. I put old panels on top of new and drilled new holes that were still in tact and marked the other ones from under dash.

Here is my new dash
    Big Air tower

That looks great. What kind of letters did you use? Press on? I wanted to do mine in 3m carbon fiber vinyl. But since carbon fiber is textured. I couldn`t find a way to letter it. I didnt want to mess with center panel that speedos were in. The oil and fuel light mounting screws were somehow attached to inside of panel threaded side out. Maybe epoxy.

the lettering is simply a p-touch label maker, then I sprayed a clear coat over everything, I still have the clear tape if you want to use it. Yes the panel screws that were mounted to the panel are just epoxied back into place. All the guages were super fogged over , so I wet sanded with 600,1200,2400 and then sprayed clear coat over them
    Quote Originally Posted by foxriverat View Post
    That looks great. What kind of letters did you use? Press on? I wanted to do mine in 3m carbon fiber vinyl. But since carbon fiber is textured. I couldn`t find a way to letter it. I didnt want to mess with center panel that speedos were in. The oil and fuel light mounting screws were somehow attached to inside of panel threaded side out. Maybe epoxy.
    Big Air tower