Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carpet

Quote Originally Posted by Cusefan78 View Post
    Attachment 15714 so I'm trying to decide between these two colors. I hate the teal rug in there now. I'm leaning towards the charcoal (left) by I like the sterling Also. What do you guys think
    im going with 40 oz but i ripped my old carpet out and painted the deck , just got to take the carpet to get the edges binding done , and it has the nu wav backing that allows no slip / water to flow under it .. paid 220.00 for 12x6 fossil grey ...

i may sleep in my boat this summer lol .. ill get pics when its done
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

might not be a big deal in NY but the darker color will get hotter. well, actually they'll both get hot but the darker color will stay hot longer. i went with a similar color to sterling, had dark blue from the factory. i find the light grey gets hot but kinda like aluminum foil it cools down quicker than the dark blue did.

Yeah the heat thing is what I'm hung up on. I think the charcoal will look great but when I step on it on a 90 degree day it's going to suck

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Quote Originally Posted by lively View Post
    im going with 40 oz but i ripped my old carpet out and painted the deck , just got to take the carpet to get the edges binding done , and it has the nu wav backing that allows no slip / water to flow under it .. paid 220.00 for 12x6 fossil grey ...

i may sleep in my boat this summer lol .. ill get pics when its done
    Im looking for carpet for a custom piece I`m making to cover trunk gas tank and floor over drive shaft on my comp when I leave back seat out for skiing. I looked in my 1996 brochure and all boats except sts came with 40 oz carpetIMG_0384.jpg
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

That's good to know. I ordered a 40 oz premium in a light grey color. Haven't installed it yet

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

im still waiting on mine to arrive , they sent me samples and man it looks plush !!
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Quote Originally Posted by foxriverat View Post
    Im looking for carpet for a custom piece I`m making to cover trunk gas tank and floor over drive shaft on my comp when I leave back seat out for skiing.
    Somebody must be getting serious about skiing behind their boat...
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Fox, what color did you go with? I really wanted to do charcoal but everyone talked me out of it.

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Somebody must be getting serious about skiing behind their boat...
    Yes I am. Need more room back there when Im skiing. Hardly ever use the back seat anyway. Going to get a straightline 150 big bag to put on passenger side to even boat out. Ben I always tell you I want to get a different boat with a smaller wake. But this boat has been so trouble free I cant let it go. I hooked up the hose to it monday. Turned the key and the engine felt like it didnt get a chance to turn over once before that gt40 started and was purring at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cusefan78 View Post
    Fox, what color did you go with? I really wanted to do charcoal but everyone talked me out of it.
    Im just getting some teal to match what I have. Replacing the whole thing and changing color is a project for another day. And when I do it will be some sort of lighter grey