Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What would you replace your Supra with?

So -- it's looking more and more like an "upgrade" is in my future. I've turned/touched/rebuilt every bolt on my boat (knock on wood.) I love the old girl but I'm in a position to afford something a little bit newer (and with built in ballast.)

I know that everyone has different uses for their boat and you're not going to be able to anticipate how/when/why I use mine. This really isn't about me, I'm just curious what you guys think. I've been looking at a lot of different boats. I have my favorites on paper but I thought I'd ask you guys -- what would you replace your boat with if you could?
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Not that I've thought about it... but a 1998 Sport Nautique or Super Sport, ideally a green-on-tan or blue-on-tan, tan interior. With the FCT2 tower. Build in my own ballast.

I love my Supra and all, but for me, those boats are just perfection. There's adequate storage space, nice space for passengers, the wake is perfection, and they have great lines. They can also handle 2,500lbs of ballast for a massive surf wake, or go 34mph for a mediocre ski wake.

And actually those are getting to be quite affordable now, I'm just waiting for one to show up for sale near me. I even have the money set aside. On the other hand I could keep my Supra for another 9 years too. Can't believe I've had it that long! This is actually my 10th summer with it.

a V drive. Big enough for 10 or so people. Factory Tower. Mainly wake board and surf. Trim tabs.
    86 Saltare

It's all about budget. What kinda numbers are we talkin?
    Function before fashion!

i would do a late 90's/early 2000's v-drive. my short list includes centurion avalanche (best surf wake), nautique super sport or super air, or tige 22/23/24v. the super sport/super air is a great all-around boat, but the other two have a better rough water ride and better surf. i'd grab any one of those and throw a surf system on them, and be happy for years and years.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

A new or newer centurion. I don't know what it is but they are just plain sexy

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Money no object and new it would be G23 or a Supra SG. I have been torn between the following boats right now. I was planning a new boat for this year but I bought 40 acres and that slowed the new boat down.

With that said I was looking at the following. I was looking new but would love to try and find a year old one with under 100 hours.
    I wakeboard a lot and love my 21v wake but we started surfing more so we want something more with an auto surf setup.

Supra SC
    Mastercraft x10

I really like the room and depth of the Supra.
    I am not a big name brand guy but I can get into the x10 for the same cost as the Supra SC.
    But I felt the mastercraft lacked in the following area's
    surf tab controls
    interior felt small and not as deep as the SC

I like the look of the SC better. My wife likes the exterior look of the mastercraft better but the interior of the supra better.

Malibu Sunsetter LXI, Mastercraft X14. I need a all around boat and a DD guy forever!!!
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

A brand new BU.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Quote Originally Posted by 2500HD View Post
    It's all about budget. What kinda numbers are we talkin?
    I'm going to be in the 45-50k range. Surf only, very little wakeboarding. I'm thinking Malibu 247 or Tige RZ2. They both have proven surf setups and communities and they both look great. I'm thinking the bu will probably hold its resale better.

Would strongly consider a 242 but they're out of my price range at this point and there just doesn't seem to be as many of them out there to get a great bead on how they surf.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.