Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SquamInboards View Post
    Not that I've thought about it... but a 1998 Sport Nautique or Super Sport, ideally a green-on-tan or blue-on-tan, tan interior. With the FCT2 tower. Build in my own ballast.
    This is an interesting thought -- I haven't even shopped the nautiques because I have never heard them described as a surf boat. Always as the best wakeboard boat..... How are the mid-2000 SANTEs for surfing?
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

Since all we do is slalom and I want the smallest wake. In my price range it would be. 1999 to 2002 malibu response lx It has sv23 diamond hull. Or 1997 to 2000 Ski Nautique bubble back 196 with TSC hull. Both have one of the smallest, softest wakes. Ok who wants to buy my comp.
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Honestly, my next boat will likely be a catamaran sailboat. I'll be leaving and not coming back for while....

But if I WERE going to get another "ski" boat it would likely be something in the Supra family. A 242 or 22SSV. Mid 2010s model. I don't really like anything from any manufacturer past 2008 or so.

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

Well I that case make mine a Swan 48...
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Well if money is no object i would probably go for the new sg 550 with surf swell or a centurion enzo. But money is an issue so it doesn't matter and my santera puts out a decent wave on a budget.
    Function before fashion!

With most newer boats all being over the $100k range, I would splurge on a new SG that comes with a lake house , otherwise I would go on a test driving spree until I found exactly what I wanted, most likely something under $80k from moomba.
    2011 Supra 21V
    Wetsounds Icon8's
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by wotan2525 View Post
    This is an interesting thought -- I haven't even shopped the nautiques because I have never heard them described as a surf boat. Always as the best wakeboard boat..... How are the mid-2000 SANTEs for surfing?
    Of course, I'm sure the newer stuff all surpasses those older SuperSport/SuperAirs, but weighted properly, they can put out a very nice surf wake. They started that hull in the '95 SuperSport so you can get one pretty cheap these days... Just try to find one that hasn't been filled with ballast and abused every day for the last 10 years.

Maybe a Super Sport Nautique, but not sure I'd want a smaller boat than my Saltare. SS has classic lines but I really hate round windshields. I think if money were no object I'd completely restore my Saltare with composite stringers, seats, no foam, etc. and modify the bow to hide a large triangle sac and rebuild the rear seat as a standard bench maybe a bit higher and fit whatever i could under there and call it good enough. I'd build a real nice 545 stroker to replace the 454 (not a Chevy guy). Some better speakers and add a sub. Relocate batteries to regain some storage, add gunnel storage instead of the vinyl pads, etc. Just nifty stuff like that to make improvements but keep true to original style. I like the classics, and with some weight the wake is plenty for what I do.

If money was no object I'd be living on the water to get more use out of it... Or maybe get an old Chris Craft Commander to functional as weekend retreat and mothership.

I like what cadunkle just said. Everything except the 545 stroker (I am a chevy guy).

1986 Saltare
    Restoration link: http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=7839

An Axis A22 could be a good candidate for me. I like the style of this boat.

Or if I have time and money, a complete rebuild and rethink of the Saltare, with V-drive, modern dash, build in ballast, surf gates, reverse tower, HLCD speakers, more storage, more leds etc.
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare