Thread: Texas!

Default Texas!

3 weeks ago our lake was 12 feet low, and there were no boat ramps that went that deep to launch a big Supra.

It started to rain. We got excited.

This weekend the lake is now 20 feet above level...and all the boat ramps, and roads leading to them, are submerged.

Only in Texas can a lake change 32 feet in 3 weeks...and...it's still raining.

Same here, in OK. Our lakes are busting at the seams.

I hear ya CJD. Here in Austin one of our lakes has come up 29 feet so far in 3 weeks time. Ramps gonna be opening very soon!
    Last edited by mlaosa; 05-26-2015 at 09:39 PM.
    1991 supra conbrio

Weather's nice...boat's ready to go...but the marina is still 26 feet underwater! You can never win in Texas.

Heard you might be getting some rain again. Stay Safe.

Yeah...the problem is all the whiners down in Houston that don't want us to release the water on them too fast...waaah waaah. The corps of engineers needs to dump it on them so we can get the season started!

just purchased a 1985 ts6m, and spent my first day owning my own boat on Canyon lake near New Braunfels..... now that the havoc has been reaped it feels good to enjoy the benefits of all that rain

We would take our boat elsewhere to use it, but the road is still underwater to even get to the boat.

Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by CJD View Post
    We would take our boat elsewhere to use it, but the road is still underwater to even get to the boat.

Bummer.
    Hell no we don't want ya'll dumping all the water on us. We have been pulling full size trees out of the water that are washing up our lake house on Livingston. I am hoping the flow slows down and cleans up enough before the Jam so we can have a good weekend. i have never seen the trinity river so high that you cant make it under the hwy 19 bridge before.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV. Full Exile System. Can you hear me now?

Quote Originally Posted by CJD View Post

Bummer.
    Hell no we don't want ya'll dumping all the water on us. We have been pulling full size trees out of the water that are washing up our lake house on Livingston. I am hoping the flow slows down and cleans up enough before the Jam so we can have a good weekend. i have never seen the trinity river so high that you cant make it under the hwy 19 bridge before.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV. Full Exile System. Can you hear me now?