Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That is bizarre the triducer was ripped out as it barely sticks down , if its clean then maybe it came loose and it hit the scupper as it moved back the underside of hull. If you hit something I would think you would have some hull damage. Maybe she heard the triducer hit the prop or rudder as it is mainly plastic .....very interesting. Anyways a new triducer is $235
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Yes it's very strange. I definitely hit something...but not a scratch to the prop or rudder.

There's a good scratch in the gel coat starting about 4 inches prior to the transducer, and continuing after to the ballast water intake. The heavy bronze edge was bent up a bit, so I'll replace that. No damage after that. Strange

The actual transducer actually stayed in the bilge...it's the plastic fitting that cracked off. I tested the ducer and it measures temp and clicks. The speed wheel is cracked off a couple arms, so I'm going to do the wheel replacement and give it a go.

I did order the heavy bronze fitting to replace the one ripped out. My hope is that would survive a hit better than the plastic one.

I agree with you...the transducer is so low profile, I don't see how I don't have other damage. Very weird, Whatever I hit was very solid , looking at the metal intake bent.

The water in the v-drive is from the vent in the case from all the water in the bilge

I think I got off lucky!
    Last edited by dbatech99; 06-11-2015 at 01:54 AM.

Oh and I was told the New triducer us an updated revision...$535...wow. I hope mine still works good with the wheel kit!

If you have to go the full pop on the triducer, you may want to check out the gps replacement that goes in place of your paddle wheel, no need to upgrade to stargazer but you get GPS accuracy.

http://www.nauticlaugic.com/nl4.html