Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    I wont be at my boat until this weekend, but if I remember I'll try to take more. If your hull has a hook as leetudor said, you likely can't mount that to the bottom. Pretty sure my boat has a groove in the hull that's designed to have the plate attach to it there.
    in 86 the manual one was attached at the bottom and when rebuilt the stringers/ deck i replaced and added wood / glass to the bottom behind my rudder and also to the transom for one day adding a wake tab ,

my real issue is price for tabs with 2 rams is 2x much as kit with 1 .. but total stroke and ram length is another question . I mean how much is too much ect...

what length x width tab are installed ? 12x9 ? 12x12? I plan to add it soon just have to clean some ?'s up
    LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO BE LIVELY

Quote Originally Posted by leetudor View Post
    This is a back mount instead of a bottom mount.

see that one has only 1 ram and looks to be edge mounted .. i bet i could get away with 1 ?

I'm sure 1 would be fine. Keep in mind with 1 on there, access to your drain plug will be tough. Hell, its tough with 2 rams.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

transom pic.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    I'm sure 1 would be fine. Keep in mind with 1 on there, access to your drain plug will be tough. Hell, its tough with 2 rams.
    yes your right ! damn , the platform bracket is right there too , ill have to go with two rams probably
    Last edited by lively; 05-28-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Lively - curious what you decided to go with as far as retrofitting your wake plate?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooose View Post
    Lively - curious what you decided to go with as far as retrofitting your wake plate?
    I haven't yet , I had to spend $ money on repower , but this summer I plan to use the 12x12 two ram electric from Bennet . It's cheap , simple and will let me know what are the benefits without a huge hole in the wallet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you are planning to move from under Hull mounting to transom mounting, or fabbing hinges or something up to keep the under Hull mounting of the plate?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooose View Post
    So you are planning to move from under Hull mounting to transom mounting, or fabbing hinges or something up to keep the under Hull mounting of the plate?
    Bennet has one that mounts around the drain plug and has a 2" hinge , and I have reinforced laminated wood when I did my floor to when I did plan to install , look around they have several sizes . But the stock cavitation plate Supra had was 12x11 I believe , so 12x12 should work fine .

Hydro systems are $$$ and electric is $

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk