Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 92 Comp Prop

Default 92 Comp Prop

Anybody have the OE numbers for a 92 comp with a 1.25 to 1 trans?

Pretty sure it's the same as my Labrisa. 13x13 4 blade oj lh rotation

1995 supra labrisa
    Pro boss gt40
    GPS Ridesteady
    Pioneer headunit kicker speakers

Doubt it is a four blade. Believe all combos came with a three blade from factory.
    Just referenced some old spec sheets I have for 88 and 89
    Suspect it was same for 92.
    Three blade Nibral Bronze 13 x13 prop
    Mftd by Federal or Michigan Wheel - both were suppliers to OEM supra.
    By the way and not to be picky but just for future reference your transmission is a 1:23 to 1 where as you referred to
    a 1:25 to 1.
    Enjoy your boat as they don't make them like that any more unfortunately!
    Last edited by crystal waters; 06-08-2015 at 08:50 PM.

My 92 has a 14 x 14 3 blade and as far as I know it is the original prop. Here are the recommendations from ACME and OJ

Hi Chris, I would recommend the 3-blade Acme 1442 (13.25 x 15 .090 cup) R 1" bore for your boat spec and skiing profile...

Thanks, Greg Resner
    ACME SALES
    ph. 1-888-661-2263

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Sat 5/17/2014 7:00 PM
    To: Website Mail
    Subject: ACME Marine Group Contact Form

<http://www.acmemarine.com//lib/icons/icon[email].gif> Contact Form

<http://www.acmemarine.com//lib/icons/sm_icon[person].gif> From: "Chris Taylor" <[email protected]>
    <http://www.acmemarine.com//lib/icons/sm_icon[folder].gif> Subject: ACME Marine Group Contact Form
    <http://www.acmemarine.com//lib/icons/sm_icon[daily].gif> Date/Time: Saturday, May 17th, 2014 (5:00pm)
    <http://www.acmemarine.com//lib/icons/sm_icon[webpage].gif> Page: http://www.acmemarine.com/contact_us.php
    phone:
    prop_mfg:
    prop_pn:
    prop_diam: 14
    prop_pitch: 14
    prop_bore: 1
    prop_blades: 3
    material: Nickel Aluminum Bronze
    rotation: Right
    max_rpm: 4500
    max_speed: 42
    max_units: MPH
    boat_mfg: Supra
    boat_model: Comp Ts6m
    boat_year: 1992
    oal: 20
    boat_weight: 2500
    hull_speed: 42
    speed_units: MPH
    engine_mfg: PCM
    engine_model: ford 351
    engine_year: 1992
    fule: Gas
    power: 240
    rpm_low: 900
    rpm_high: 4500
    no_eng: Single
    cid: 351
    gear_ratio: 1.23
    comments: Mainly slalom, barefoot, kids starting to wakeboard. usually have 4-6 people on board.

Chris,

I have had good success with our 13 X 16 RC 1" 4-blade, $444.00, on that boat.

Thanks,
    Eric Johnson
    Johnson Propeller
    800-359-9730

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 19, 2014, at 11:47 AM, [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > Contact us
    > Name
    > Chris Taylor
    > Email
    > [email protected]
    > Comment or question
    > I am looking for the best prop for my use. I have a 1992 Supra Comp 351 PCM with 1.23/1 trans, current prop is 3 blade 14x14 1" bore RH rotation. WOT is 4500 RPM @42MPH. I slalom, barefoot, and kids wake board, usually have 4-6 people in boat.
    Last edited by cjtpilot; 06-09-2015 at 08:41 AM.
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

Michael, my 91 with same tranny had the original OJ 14 X 15 3 blade. At the suggestion of acme I put a 2068 12.5 X 15 RH 0.150 cup, 1" bore on. The other one acme recomended was a 470 also a 12.5 X 15. I was going to try them both back to back but my 30 day trial period ended with a carb rebuild

so i'm new to forms i just bought a 1987 supra comp ts6m and i have a few ? how can i get more power right when i goose it and when i'm going about 25mph and give it more gas i hear a popping /knocking noise the guy i bought it from said it was back fuel but i went threw that tank of gas and it is still knocking. what are something that i should look into for my boat what to replace or get for more power and a bigger wake thank

Kellogg.

That sounds like a misfire problem, possible causes are, electrical / mechanical or fuel.
    Check the ignition system, plugs, leads distributor cap, timing etc.
    Fuel delivery could be bad, that means a carb rebuild
    Worst case is your valves are worn and burnt out, thats a heads off and top end rebuild
    How many hours has the engine got on it?

A 351 should be plenty powerful in a TS6, but depending on the skiing / wake boarding speeds your doing should dictate your prop choice, are you wanting a bigger wake for boarding or a flatter one for skiing?

it has about 1200 hours i got it form a guy that is a ski pro so has a lot of hrs and i want a bigger wake i mainly wake board and want to get into surfing and how much is head work or or carb rebuild or top end rebuild

We will need:
    Transmission type, is it 1:1 or 1:25?
    What prop is fitted.
    Engine type, is it a standard 351 PCM, HO Boss GT head 285HP, GT FI engine?

Sadly if your a wakeboarder, or worse a Surfer, its the wrong boat for you to be honest, whilst you can board off them, they are a dedicated tournament ski boat with no design allowances for additional ballast. Having said that i know a few guys here who use TS6 Comps to wakeboard off of, but they soon want towers fitted, fat sacks...blah blah. By the time you spent the money on all the wakeboard additions you may have well bought a better suited boat.
    I have nothing against wakeboarders, but their needs are distinctly different from the likes of me (im a slalom, trick and jump nut) and only wakeboard for a change of pace or if im bored from skiing all day. This is why i bought a TS6M and not a dedicated Supra wakeboard / surf boat with pumped ballast and a meatier power unit.

Ok enough of the negativity, i think you need to find out what the misfire is first.
    Carb rebuild kits are cheap and easy to do (im assuming your 351 is a carb'd engine with a holley 4160), rebuild kits are about $70 i think (im in the UK not the US) and will take a couple of hours to rebuild but make sure its 100% clean inside and out.
    If its got the ProTec ign system, that may be your trouble, but i need to know if it has a distributor or ProTec....that could be a clue as to why he sold the boat as ProTec's are expensive and hard to find, however they are easy to fix by fitting a distributor system instead of the ProTec module.
    Head work depends on how badly damaged the valves are or if the head has any cracks etc. If you want more power, a decent head job (no puns please) haha...is where you will gain a few HP, the standard PCM produces 260 BHP in perfect shape, the same engine with GT heads (Pro Boss HO produces 285 BHP) Another area to look into is changing the inlet manifold to a high rise. Doing all the heads and inlet should give you another 25-30 BHP for about $1500 for a decent valve job and profile change. Or i have heard that there are a lot of GT-P heads in the US due to the car boys not liking them as the plugs are hard to change on the road cars so they swap them out...good news for the marine boys (but i cant be sure if thats true or not, as its on the internet and not something i have tried for myself)

i hope that helps

Andy

i just bought a tower and fat sack i just need to figure out what my boat is raided for weight wise do u guys know. what size of wake do u think i could get out of my boat? and could i put a wedge on my boat would that help out alot?