Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default My 2006 Supra Launch V is dead!

Just got the word from the insurance adjuster that the hull on my boat is toast. Took it into the shop to be looked at and they came back that it is a classic case of the hull delaminating. They are saying it is due to manufacturing defects, so I imagine that they will not be paying for any repairs. The shop said it would run about 20k to repair. What to do? Is there a market for used parts? Trailer is worth a bit and the engine is perfect. No water damage to the boat, it looks perfect. In the past, I have bought and parted out jet skis, just never something this large.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have never heard of this issue in a Supra. I would get a second opinion. Post pictures and clue of in on the detail.
    2003 Supra Launch 22SSV
    1986 Ski Natique 2001

Are you the original owner? There is a limited lifetime warranty that covers the hull -- but only if you are the original buyer. If you are the 2nd owner, I believe you could have it inspected at a dealer, pay a transfer fee and receive the same warranty as long as you did it within 14 days of purchasing. I doubt this has happened very often but it might be worth looking into.
    Former owner of a 1987 Supra Saltare. Current owner of a Malibu 23LSV.

I am the third owner, bought it in 2010. The manual states that you can transfer it only in the first 2 years. Insurance co. just notified me that they are denying the claim, due to man. defect.

Anyone want a really nice boat, cheap?

It will be worth appealing the insurance, both to the company and to your state insurance board. The argument will have to be along the lines of "how could a manufacturing flaw survive 9 years?" Sorry to hear, though...

Quote Originally Posted by skibumtx View Post
    What was wrong with it that made you call the insurance co?

Yea I'll take it off your hands cheap

i don't get it...is it leaking? it looks fine to me...what caused you to get it looked at?
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by skibumtx View Post
    I am the third owner, bought it in 2010. The manual states that you can transfer it only in the first 2 years. Insurance co. just notified me that they are denying the claim, due to man. defect.

I'll buy it. But send me pics first.
    Function before fashion!

Do you have pictures of the delam?